1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On being a "GOOD" hostess...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks monika...i will keep that in mind next time...

about the surprise element ,hmmmm I will have to delve deeper into chithvishs threads :)..yeah, i understand what you mean......if i keep making the same thing again and again they are most likely to name the dish after me,isnt it?....oh my god? do you think people are already calling me Rava Idli Mindi?? as Rava idli is my signature dish and bound to be there most of the time..but hey,only because people demand it okay????:biglaugh

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Nitha,

How have you been???? good to see you after a long time..thanks dear for the visit and comments..

ohhhh thats so sweet...believe me we all started that way only...as long as the intention to be a good host is there you will surely be one,one day..:).

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear paddy,

thanks for the visit and comments..When you call it humorous,I am thrilled:)

My DS said, " Aunty, it seems we have to run to the other side of the leaf to relish the items served there"!!!

i was :rotfl:rotfl at that

.Sometimes we have to bear with the silly remarks of the DH which is very common in every house:).

Now, there speaks the voice of experience,illaya ..hahah

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear jai,

how have you been???? really miss you here...yes, first of all let me too wish you and family a very happy and prosperous 2010..:)

yes after a dinner party next day is leftover meals heated in microwave in most of our homes ,atleast it gives a relaxation not to cook after such dinner parties.

I guess that is understood only by the ladies :biglaugh:biglaugh

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

you are MOST WELCOME to any blog of mine...and even if you don't, i am sure to visit your blogs okay? because i would never want to miss a chance to :biglaugh:biglaugh,

So, now i know what to offer you... BL and non veg??? SEEE, that why i wrote about being a good hostess,AND not the "perfect" one...:)

BL tho, no problem but non veg???? Now ,if you ask me that i will go all madraasi,and exclaim "ayyaiyyo raama", .But I am a GOOD hostess,remember? So no probs,I can always take you out for a meal,hai na?

hahaha enjoying the sil status,uh? at your sasuraal?

yeah men deal with guests very differently..thats why both the host and guest end up having a gala time :biglaugh

And Kamalji,I do APOLOGISE for not translating my tamil sentences...woh kya hai ki,i am not a WRITER in the serious sense of the word...and lazy to spend hours editing my post when i know that there is not going to be much of a difference between my final one and the first.:)))))

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sarajara,

good to see you here..thanks for the comments dear..

But I always dont get to play a good host :( for my husband always steals the show! I simply stand obeying his commands and admiring his body language n his cheerful nature! No wonder i fell for this wonderful person![/QUOTE]

so you and your guests are all having a good time because of your hubby,no? great.. thats the way it should be:)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi balajee,

you are absolutely right...a great sense of humour as far as my guests are concerned but foot in the mouth as far as the wife is concerned:)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

my dear jay,

your fb is more hilarious than my post: i am really rotfl :rotfl ..it also tells me that you are quite the perfect hostess...i am really going to keep this as a check list next time i host a party..

yes only one diwali i had an open house but was quite tense about the whole thing that i gave up and now prefer 3- 4 families at a time..

this is you, jay ...making people :biglaugh:biglaugh making everyone happy by giving them fb irrespective of whether they are your friends or good writers..believe me, you are quite a role model for me...that is why i feel sad when you are sad....of course i understand what you are going thru..

so now tell me, when are you coming to visit me..PLEASE take it as an open invitation from me and I promise to cook all your favourites:)

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Mindi,

you have summed up very well the lengths we go to be a good host. I can relate to all you have mentioned. Your Dh has company in mine and that is something he would say too!

I will make a note of Jaya's list minus the dog part since I don't plan to have any.

10. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Mindi a perfect post & a perfect topic for an imperfect hostess like me.
    Iam learning from my mistakes.I bookmark lot of recipes,plan & read tips but when its time,I fret.But luckily no major mishaps:bowdown
    Really enjoyed reading & loved the feedbacks too:biglaugh
    Forgot to ask... Did you get your Christmas gift from Santa?