1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

OMG! This is my 100th post in Snippets....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear shan,

now i know you love this name. so let me stick to this one.

LOL.
    the first blog i remember is the one on tution /teaching maths..

Oh yes, 'Buchi ' my dear little African boy. :) I hope he is doing well wherever he is now.

and i relate to posts on you and mri, as you know i am just a few steps behind on that ladder.

hahha I know, as I probably relate to Kamla or Sreeni :)

and congrats on the 100th.

Thanks Shan .there are A LOT of things that I admire in you ..on the top of my head being 'doing good while maintaining a low profile'. Hopefully will coordinate lots with you in giving back to the society once we are back in India for good. All a part of the retirement plans that I spoke of in my previous post :):cheers

2. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Mindi dear......

love,
    kylie

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mindi,

how can I thank you for these lovely words here!

When I go through moments of uncertainty or confusion about people, it is these things that wonderfully perceptive people like you have expressed that gives me the stability I need. It gives me a deeper understanding of how I react and how to deal with them. Thank you so much for that! You are a beautiful woman inside and out, no doubt about that!

1 person likes this.
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

hey Mindi is a 100 threads old!!!!..
    :thumbsup :cool2::party:banana now thats cool!!!..
    My Dear Mindi..
    I first want to say a BIG THANK YOU to our dear KAmalji for pushing you hard enough to write and discover the "writer" in you... and next I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to YOU for being YOU and for the entertaining enriching write ups about the most wonderful simple "everyday" topics and turning them into such endearing events...
    and in the END I want to THANK GOD for giving me the opportunity to meet and interact and for giving me a beautiful friend called "MINDI"..3 cheers for that!!!..
    Now hows that for a speech!!!...
    Kerman!!!..
    PS .. truly meant all the above from the bottom of my heart!!!...

2 people like this.
  5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

dear dear mindi

as it twirled a tiny tendril
    that drifted across your cheek
    did the wind too whisper?
    congrats mindi...!!

as you reach a 100...in snippets
    each one a treasure
    a gem on its own..
    sometimes a laugh
    sometimes a tear
    oh is that some trick
    to mesmerize?

what made it tick?
    the words or writing
    the short or the long snippet
    something more endearing....
    as it came from mindi
    congrats on the century..

sathya

2 people like this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, dear kylie :) Not to be seen in snippets these days ?:)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I MISSED you here kelly.Good to see you :) But assumed you were busy with A's exams.My BEST WISHES to him.

Wah ! that was one good speech hahaha . Really i feel so much at home here, you know.No wonder, I guess because I am 100 posts old LOL

and in the END I want to THANK GOD for giving me the opportunity to meet and interact and for giving me a beautiful friend called "MINDI"..3 cheers for that!!!..

Awww how sweet is that . I do know you mean it because I feel exactly the same and the great thing is we are gonna continue that in Blr. Now that is something to look forward to.:):cheers

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sathya,

It is SO GOOD to see you. I will always remember your prose in poetry style which has been unique in IL and more than that your sense of humour.

and thanks a million for dropping in here with your wishes. It means a lot to me to see old friends ,at least once in a while.:)

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello hello heloo!

What did you think Mindi? That once again this bhool bulaiyya has forgotten to greet you and that too when you hit that proud century?! I know, my reputation precedes me and yet, here I am, like the bad old penny...I did turn up...last but I hope not least??:hide:

Mindzi raani! What a centuray ma'm! Iyerviji had raced first and foremost and with this nomination, March FP of the month made a proud opening! And I just blinked and we are a week into March and I was yet to greet you!:confused2:

When I did finally land here, what a treat it was to read the whole thread. Is there any doubt that you are the Queen of Hearts of our IL?!:) Like so many of our friends here, I always read your snippets with a smile stuck to my face. I do remember that very very occassionally our Mindi did say a thing or two with a straight face, but then, she did have a point to make and we all agreed with her!

So often than not Mindi, I in my usual style appear late in a thread and think of writing something only to note that you have already said that..in almost the same exact way! I remember mentioning it several times in various threads! So dear friend, there is more than IL that is connecting us!

Finally, thank you for the hundred wonderful snippets, I am more than sure that all hundred were worth a read!:cheers Also, have always enjoyed all your inputs in the form of feedbacks and comments. I connect your name with a very sweet natured and friendly person who seems to throw a beam of light whenever she touches her keypad.

Here's wishing you another quick hundred and more!:thumbsup

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

The title of your post attracted me. I wasn't sure if this was itself the 100th post or the one immediately preceding it. Now I know the answer. You have written this post with passion I can see as well as feel. You mean every word you have written, honestly from the bottom of your heart. I liked this too. But I have wanted to tell you something for a while. I am not even sure if I should make this assertion in public, for I might sound a little patronizing. But then, who cares! Let people think whatever they wish to. At my age, nothing matters, neither criticisms nor praises. So, let me say what I want to say. I have not read everything you have written here over time. But I did read quite a few of your threads. I have this questionable habit of disappearing every once in a while, though I have come back so far. And every time I came back, I came across a new thread or the other by you. I have noticed a distinct stylistic change in your threads. Your writing style, use of expressions and what not have all been climbing upwards. I don't know if you feel this way too. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps you have always been writing the way you write now. Yet, I did feel that I was watching a flower blooming step by step and now I see it smiling in magnificent glory.

Forgive me, if I sounded patronizing. But I honestly meant what I said and don't regret saying it. I myself strive after excellence and know that I have a long way to go yet. But given the difference in our ages, I am sure that you will cover a much longer distance than I managed to travel.

Best wishes.

Love.

oj-da

1 person likes this.