1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

OMG! This is my 100th post in Snippets....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Viji,

No matter how small we are or what color we might be; Like a small candle, we all can produce the same light. Spread light with your thoughts, words and actions.
    It’s a dark world… and you are here to create light.
    There are two ways of spreading light ~ To be The Candle …OR…The Mirror that reflects it ~Edith Wharton

The above quote suits you well. You are the Candle who spreads light wherever you go. All your threads are informative, superb and humerous.

That is probably the sweetest thing someone has said of me. thank you so much But i do know that it is because of your affection for me :)

You are always a winner with every thread you post . All the best to reach many more milestones in life and IL too

Thanks again for those heartfelt wishes. I do value your blessings :)

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Actually Mindi we all ILites ought to say" OMG!!!

LOL Gayathri ,that was my first reaction when i counted the number of posts and realised that it was a perfect 99 and it came out in the title, I guess.

Thanks dear so much..it is so nice to have young girls like you join us in snippets. I always feel it makes the forum more balanced to have different age groups. :):cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Cheeniya Sir,

[Why should you be saying OMG

That is because I know only two exclamations Yayy and OMG, haven't you noticed that ?LOL

In fact, I never fail to say OMG after reading every thread of yours. By your own account, I should have said it a hundred times now. Another eight will make it an 'Ashtotharam'! So besides enthralling us with your snippets, you also make us earn His goodwill!

In fact, besides watching 'wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings', reading your snippets is a great favourite thing of mine. You have the magic even to turn 'The Stink' into an ethereal fragrance with the charming style of yours. Can a plain domestic scene be made into a Ravi Varma painting? Of course, it can be. Just ask Mindi how to do it!

I totally enjoyed that and you have me grinning from ear to ear. That was so typically you ...absolutely dashing and classy,:thumbsup . Thank you Cheeniya sir for all that affection :):cheers

4. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Oh mindi dear,

Come on Mindi its time to throw up a party & for keep going :).I really feed bad that I haven't read all your 100th post but just by reading few of posts gets me hooked then Im seriously thinking of indulging myself with rest of your posts. Mindi every post of yours had a emotion or say a dose of human touch added to it apart from many down straight humor.You have shared it all with us.Every post of yours is a treat to the readers & I do always envy about the fact that how come your write about anything that comes your way?what makes you write so many light hearted topics with a message.It comes naturally to you & congrats.

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Better late than never, isn't it so Dear Mindi? You know it was not deliberate - things just kept popping up. Let me assure you Mindi that it has been an enjoyable read for us, it would have been a shame if you had not written and worse if we didn't read. While I enjoyed your writing, your post last month on Valentine's day has special place in my heart, don't know why. Matters of heart you know, i have no control. But seriously I loved the way the thread flowed, the gentle emotions it evoked. Now, why am I writing about this particular thread - just to make a point how much I have personally enjoyed reading you, every time! Like everyone else here, I too look forward to reading more and more from you! Thank God for your writing Dear Mindi!

2 people like this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

of course you deserve it, kamalji. :) It is really true and i mean it.

Today i was feeding the birds some namkeen, and harsha said u will spoil their kidneys, i did not know birds have kidneys to

hahaha I am imagining that nice domestic scene

my blogs are not meaningful, but u friends are kind enough to read and comment,

No kindness there, Kji ....we are assured of a laugh and we feel free to say exactly what we think, in our fbs so we comment..You put everyone at ease and that is your amazing quality .. as simple as that :)

let us hope for a long innings in this friendship :):cheers

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, My dear Prana :)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Ambs dear :)

then Im seriously thinking of indulging myself with rest of your posts.

AWw that is so sweet of you. I am sure you have better things to do now that you are a busy mother :)

Really, thanks so much for all those complimentary words. you just made my day.having young friends like you is what i enjoy the most. So do keep in touch and LOTS of love to your son.:):cheers

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mindi,

Now i love addressing you this, not that your real name is not sweet. when we chat over phone i invariably switch between both the names, and make a conscious effort you know. now i know you love this name. so let me stick to this one.

the first blog i remember is the one on tution /teaching maths..something about that blog struck a chord and have been following all of yours, and you know that.

it feels great to be part of this forum aha, let us say community, for the past 6+ years, yes completed 6 years and this is the 7th year in il as on feb11th. time flew along, with lots of edutainment, you definitely inspire me to look at everything with positivism.

and i relate to posts on you and mri, as you know i am just a few steps behind on that ladder.

lots of wishes and more snippets churning in that spool of yours ...and as sri says only you can make the stink smell like roses..

and congrats on the 100th..

1 person likes this.
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabi,

You know it was not deliberate - things just kept popping up.

Of course, I know it. There are some friends here from whom I never need an explanation and you are surely one of them,Sabi :)

Let me assure you Mindi that it has been an enjoyable read for us, it would have been a shame if you had not written and worse if we didn't read.

Thank God for that assurance ! I wondered a little whether I had been too impulsive in sharing my excitement because I really hadn't realised that I spoke so much here LOL.

Matters of heart you know, i have no control.

I know :) and now may be the best opportunity to tell you this, Sabi. That you have inculcated in me the habit of thinking 'yes, this could be what they believed in and hence their course of action.' I cannot point out any single post of yours, but [different perceptions[/I] is something I have learnt from you.
    Many thanks !Hopefully it has made me less judgemental and thereby a better person .:)

Like everyone else here, I too look forward to reading more and more from you! Thank God for your writing Dear Mindi![

thanks :) I value that and you betcha...that you will keep hearing from me :)

1 person likes this.