1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

OM SHANTHI OM vs SAAWARIYA

Discussion in 'Movies' started by csailaja, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Om Shanti Om, could have better name Go home Go. The reason this movie is getting attention is their 1970's look, like hairstyle, makeup and dresses and secondly they are showing Shahrukh khan's six packs. Couple of songs are good only. Rest other songs doesn't make sense even. Deepika padukone has basically no dialogue, except they put more camera on her eyes and dresses. She is pretty. Shahrukh khan completly disappointed. I think he is trying to become a hopeless comedian.There is no story and no acting. Its such a drag, specially last half. Director and story writer seems lost after first half.

Sorry to write all that. I myself a big fan of Shahrukh. But wasn't expecting this from him. Havn't seen Sawariyya yet. But reviews are not great about that movie either. So, will wait for DVD to come out.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i saw OSO and the first half is karz rishi kapoor movie and the second half is madhumati vyjayanthi mala and dilip kumar starrer.... a black and white, no originality that is all u can say about it..even when you potray something from those days, u need to work a lot to bring it on now..sunkan

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

FACT IS THIS,people were waiting rigrously for both these movies from more than one month(if they have delayed it more,both would be declared flop but that's there publicity strategy).Sawariya,no doubt had very good sets,good chemistry stars(ranbir and sonam really had very good chemistry on-screen) and Om Shanti Om,was not that much good as Main Hoon naa.Audience was not having anyother option,so Om Shanti Om has won over Sawariya.If we had another good movie to see then OSO might had not won because inspite of everything(six-packs of SRK but what about his face,have u noticed,it was looking like SRK had borrowed sumbody else's body and face was same wrinkled one) it was not as good as SRK's Chakde!.I agree both have different concepts,treatment and story but still there was sumthing lacking in OSO.Sawariya's slow motion and extra-imagination,same sets,same costumes and make-up made it look little bit boring while OSO had different colours.But,being a SRK fan,i wasnot satisfied with OSO.

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Its interesting to read that No one liked OSO here.
    I actually loved it. I am not big shahrukh khan fan. I am more on Aamira Khan side. But this movie to me was complete Paisa vasool. I laughed my stomach out.
    Deepika was refreshing and quite composed.

To me it was just right amount of humour , drama and entertainment. I would recommend to everyone.
    :queen