1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Olive oil

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by mkorlakunta, Sep 19, 2008.

1. mkorlakunta

mkorlakunta New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am looking for a olive oil for hair. I don't know which one i need to buy. where I can find this oil.

2. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

You should get extra virgin olive oil you can find in any grocery store or walmart in cooking oil part of shop.

3. diya123

diya123 New IL'ite

In one of your replies i read that, u use urad paste for hair wash.. i tried once urad+methi and i had smell of dosa on my hair.. it was very bad.. how did u feel ?

4. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

I never got a smell afterwards,unless I just dont notice. but mainly my hair it smells like honey after wash cause I rinse with this. Sorry it smelt like dosa, maybe try to wash it out with shikakai it might take away smell but I dont know or just use it only when you need to?

5. diya123

diya123 New IL'ite

wow, thanks for quick reply,, since when r u growing your hair, coz ur hair is very long and very good... i had very short hair cut , since 8 months i havent got a hair cut, coz i like long hair sooooooooo much these days,,, i apply oil every other day, tell me ur secrets..

6. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear I too love a long hairs.I have been growing for long time all my life on and off I just do how all other indian women do. I oil everyday wash once a week do shikakai or aritha amla it is good for hairs also mehandi once in a while and braid everyday. And also stay away from american hair routines:lol:

7. mkorlakunta

mkorlakunta New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply..

8. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

dear asha,
    can u please tell me how to apply olive oil ? can we use the extra virgin oloive oil which we get in grocery section of walmart to hair? if so, can u suggest the brand? please tell me the method to apply olive oil? can we use it every day like we apply coconut oil? if not plz explain?
    thakns in advance
    bye
    rekha

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Yes extra virgin it should look alittle greenish color and be exported from spain or Greece. If I do olive oil I use it alot of ways I do so many things. I use it on dry hairs to calm down frizz just use a little drop in your hands and smooth over hairs like with coconut oil. I also do it with honey,olive oil,curd,egg yolks and conditioner. Or you can boil some oil with dry rosemary and then apply it to hairs before head bath. All of these have been beautiful to my hairs and I love them very much:)

10. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Asha

Thanks alot for the above tips...you have inspired me to try to grow my hair and avoid future hair cuts..atleast i will try for 5 or 6 months and see the difference of long vs short hair :)