1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

olive oil for body

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by amihere, Jan 19, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone
    I have heard olive oil is very good for our skin,but i was wondering whether regular use of it,say once in a week,darken our complexion?
    Can any one give me pointers on this.

Thanks
    Ami

2. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Ami

I dont think olive oil will make the skin dark...i have used it several times its useful but never changed the skin color though...olive oil proved to be a good moisturizing agent for me..both body and hair

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I am using oilve oil as my body moisturiser for past 2 yrs. I dont see any difference in color of my skin. I doesn't darkens your skin neither makes fairer. But really a good moisturiser. I started using this after trying all the body lotions. By the time i reach office my feet and hand will dry out and looks very bad, After using olive oil it is fesh all the day.

Regards,
    AVM

4. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hi.
    If you scared you can try to mix the oil with any whitening lotion and apply it...

5. nikky90

nikky90 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ami and everyone:
    you may use olive oil fearlessly. It is not harmfull for your skin nor your color.
    I can guarentee you for that. it is always useful oil. It is written in our sacred book also for the use of olive oil and its advantages. you can test it, and see the result. you will not be disappointed.
    Nikky90 Bow

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Thank you for all your suggestions:). Will try olive oil and let you know how my skin has improved.

7. tem

tem New IL'ite

Hi everyone in addition olive oil mix with honey then warm a little can be applied to the hair thirty minutes before washing makes hair shine and reduce breakage and also a table spoonful of olive oil before breakfast check worms in the stomach.

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone
    I started using olive oil both for body and hair from last week.
    I was surprised to see the difference it made to my hair.Before I was using parachute coconut oil and it either made my hair dry or oil depending on how much i applied. But once I applied olive oil, my hair has become smooth and shining. I didnt notice much improvement on my skin, may be I should wait longer.
    Thanks to all those poured in suggestions, hope this will help someone else.

Ami

9. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi ami,

Thanks a ton for coming back with your experiences.Your experience really gives hope to alot of ILites over here,so that they can try it out with confidence.

Please keep coming.

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Friends;
    I have been using olive oil for my body since last 3 plus months. It is very moisturising and has not effected my complexion. I don't know if it is the effect of olive oil but my strech marks are also lightening.
    - Nitha