olive oil for baby

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by bachus, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bachus

bachus New IL'ite

hi,

can u pls tell me dabur olive oil is good for 2month baby skin.....
    pls help me out in this....

2. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

I have heard that regular application of olive oil would tan the skin. Coconut oil would be a preferred oil esp for babies. You can lightly warm the coconut oil on low flame to remove any water content from the oil. I use Parachute oil on my LO. Apply and wait at least 10-15 mins before bath.

3. chennaichic

chennaichic New IL'ite

My mom applied olive oil on me and it did work for me!! <IT a lol mice as dark was i seems>
    However you would need to buy virgin olive oil that is NOT meant for cooking. If you go to stores like nuts and spices and nilgiris you would find some good imports. I would also suggest that you should wash the baby withing 10-15 minutes of the massage. I have seen many people holding their oiled baby in the sun to absorb vitamin d. this should not be done. Only the early morning rays are supposed to be less harmful and i am kinda have a feeling that this whole sun-bathing for babies could be a myth!!

you also get nice baby massage oil from himalaya healthcare which is a very established brand for ayurvedic products. you can also shop online - www.himalayaherbals.com

hope you found this useful!! happy massaging :)

~chennaichic:queen

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  4. KasturiSarathi

KasturiSarathi New IL'ite

Nice information.Most useful one too. Thanks for tips....All the best :thumbsup