1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Older woman Younger man

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mistressofspice, Aug 17, 2012.

1. mistressofspice

mistressofspice Senior IL'ite

Hello,

I want to hear your opinions on the relationship of Older Woman with Younger Man.

-Society
    -Family

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

If both are legal adults, then it is upto the individuals to decide. It is not for others to comment on.

1 person likes this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

The world will not end because of this.

Society and family should continue to live their life........welll IF they had one before..........because no life losers are the ones who poke their noses where they are not wanted and end up blowing up non issues.

No opinion .........as it is not any body else's problem.

3 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

If you want to know biologically speaking, it makes perfect sense. Women have a relatively longer life-span than men. So the chances of widowhood for the woman in the event of an older woman marrying a younger man lessen as compared to the situation where the man is much older than the woman.

3 people like this.
  5. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Societal or Family opinions should not matter much as far as the concerned 2 are convinced of this reverse age gap. What they should try to understand is biologically they shouldnt be at risk.

I am older to my DH by 9months & 8days.:)

4 people like this.
  6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

One of my office friend he is 31yr old and get married with 48yr old lady..I don't know what happen after that..but now he is not social with anyone...

7. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

My cousin (guy) married a lady 3 yrs elder to him.. Both are extremely happy.. the lady is more happy and he does everything to her..But some where deep down i feel that he is not so happy about having a weak women in life (she is too thin and tires down quickly). Not to offend any one here. Age gap is what matters.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Bad health is not a respecter of age. It can happen at any age. It can happen with a woman who is years younger than the man as well. So that is not really such a criterion.

Yes, women do age faster than men, which is probably why we have the present system of older men and younger women. But sometimes the age gap is so great as to ensure that the man dies and the woman is left with many years to lead on her own. So both ways there are advantages and disadvantages. One cannot have the cake and eat it too.

4 people like this.
  9. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

It is strictly their business. And if the family wants to speak to the persons concerned, positive or otherwise, it is again strictly their family's business. They are allowed to speak BEFORE (and only BEFORE) the marriage.

Society - well, who cares..

2 people like this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

The relationship between an elder woman and younger man with a few years age difference is ok but a say a gap of 5 years or more is too much.
    However many creams and lotions a woman uses she still ages faster than a man.
    Many men in fact look better with age whereas a woman starts to look aged by mid-thirties and gravity takes over from there.No amount of exercise can make her look like a 25 year old.
    A young man may soon tire of his aged partner who also has to battle menopause , a terrible truth .
    It also robs her of having kids whereas a man can have a kid at any age, so they say.
    A short fling between the two can work but not a long term partnership.
    The younger man can be attracted to her wealth, status like a younger woman falls for an aged man's wealth , but physical attraction cannot last long.
    Society too does not look kindly on such unions and such men are called by a particular name like similar women.
    Somehow aged men marry younger women but rarely vice-versa.

2 people like this.