1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Older generation could not enjoy the things we are enjoying

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 24, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today morning I was watching Sun TV where they were showing the marriage of Lord Shiva and Parvathy in a south Temple. When I was seeing I was just thinking how lucky we are that sitting at home we are able to see various temples, katha kalakshebam etc.

Earlier when my grandmother was there TVs were not there. So they could not enjoy like this. Otherwise they would have enjoyed hearing music and katha kalakshebam etc. At her time only my grandmother was very modern and used to go some places nearby without knowing the language only. She used to talk in tamil and make people understand. She was very smart.

During my sister's delivery in Delhi , my sister was in hospital and I was late in coming home and she camealone to the hospital in search of me. Also she came in train alone once from Delhi to Hyderabad though my brother in law and sister had told her that they will come to leave her. Since both were working they were not getting leave but my grandmother was in a hurry and came alone. She was very independent, most of the things I learnt from her. She was a Role Model for all of us.

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

very true...thats why they are so much more tolerant and stronger than all oif us....

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Enlighten

Thanks for your first fb

love
    viji