1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Old greeting cards

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by rnp1112, Apr 8, 2010.

1. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

hello ..

What do you do with old greeting cards . I have like lots of old greeting cards and I was wondering what can I do with them ...
    Any ideas please ....

Love to you all .. its such a wonderful community

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Friend!!!!!!
    there are hundreds of ways to recycle the old into new.
    1.Use as Gift Package Tags ...Cut the greeting cards up into gift tags for presents. Simply cut a strip or rectangle out of the card, fold it down the middle, and write the "to" and "from" in it.

2.Make bookmarks. ....Cut the greeting card into strips about an inch and a half (4cm) wide and 6 inches (15cm) long. Punch a hole near one end and add a tassel. Tuck a homemade bookmark into each book you give away.

3.Make a new greeting card. Glue the front cover of the card onto a new, blank card. If you want, you can also redecorate or improve upon the design of the card and add your own new embellishments.

4.Use for Decoupage/collage - Cut out pictures and use to decoupage onto small boxes, frames, tables, etc

5.Scrapbooking! You can either cut out small portions and pictures from the cards or use the card in whole to go along with the pictures on your scrapbook page.

Try out these simple cyclic tips.Then naturally you will buy more new cards to make them old to do all these fun. :biglaugh