Old age is not a mystery; make it as a history

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by veni_mohan75, Mar 9, 2010.

1. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Now a day’s seniors are increasingly having a feel of left out of the picture. Though they are living together in a joint family, the youngsters are not mingling with them like other members of the family. They have time to spend with their kids, friends, computers, home theatres etc... Etc. But don’t have time to spend for the old age people i.e. their own father and mother or the grandparents.

Normally there will be some changes in them, say, wrinkles in the skin, hair colour changes from black to grey and then to white, slower reaction time, diminishing eye sight, lessened hearing, reduction in the ability to think clearly, difficulty in recalling the memories, lessened or lack of interest in food intake, bone diseases, diabetic and a few more. Aging is a natural one and it will happen to all human.

Old age is not a viral infection to make the patients keep away from others. It will happen in everyone’s life. “We have an impression that, if I am thinking of you, you will be living 100 years. In spite of that, due to economical changes, old people are being made to feel redundant” says Mr.Himansu Rath who is running Agewell foundation, New Delhi, which is very true. They are left with nothing to do in this express world.

We have the responsibility and ability to take care of the senior citizens. They need no money, no expensive luxuries or anything from us. They all need only care and love from us. A step with care towards them will make them happy and they will come close to us. With this type of moral support, we can make them to come out their difficulties and which may lead them to achieve something.

For any achievement age is not a bar. There any many people who made achievements as individuals in their old age. Few are given below:

· Harry Bernstein, author who published his first book, The Invisible Wall, at 96 in 2007
    · Jeanne Calment, oldest known person ever (122)
    · Ann Nixon Cooper, who at age 106 made national news during the 2008 US presidential election for voting for Barack Obama. She was mentioned in Obama's victory speech.
    · Granny D, political activist who ran for public office at the age of 94

(Reference from Oldage – Wikipedia)

So, let us give support to old agers to come out of it and create a new history with their hidden abilities.

Similar Threads
    1. veenaissack123
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. veenaissack123
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. lahy15
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Veni

Well said. Old people require only the love and affection and with that they can achieve anything. They dont feel their age to be with their grandkids and give them all the affecton in the world. May God bless you for this wonderful thinking

love
    viji

3. veni_mohan75

My Dear Viji Maa,

You are always there for me maa. With your blessings I hope I can give the best out of me. Thanks a million for your kind words.

The old people only require the love and affection, by giving that we can make them to do wonders. I am saying this with my personal experience.

Thank you once again maa.

4. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

dear Veni,

Nice thread. as said by you, elders need no money etc., they need only affection and care from their siblings. youngsters should realise the elders feelings and sacrifices.......

5. veni_mohan75

Dear Raji,

Glad to see you here. What you said is right. Youngsters should realise the feelings of elders and try to support them in all possible ways.

Thank you friend for stopping here to give your nice feedback

6. veni_mohan75

Hey friends,

48 views and only two replies..............

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear VeniMohan,

Very true, grandparents need just love and care of ours. Just like children, they become happy on seeing their children and grandchildren. Imagine what some of them feel when their children don't stay with them. When one becomes old, looses strength, becomes weak, he finds it hard to pass his time and at that time his grandchildren give them happiness..

We should act in a loving manner to our parents and grandparents, as we will also be in that position someday.

Well written.

8. veni_mohan75

Dear Deepali,

What you said is true friend. While I am going home my grand mother will be sitting in the sitout giving one "paavam" look. Bye seeing my smile at her, immediately her face will become bright like a sun. For that warm welcome itself, i can go to my mom's place daily.

It's all we have to do is to show them some care and give them some importance in the daily conversations.

Thank you friend for stepping in to give such a lovely feedback.

9. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Veni.... I loved to have grandparents, but didnot have them.... so when my husband came to see me for marriage one thing i loved about their family was my MIL had brought with her, her parents. thaatha and paati.... I felt very happy.... and i wont lie that its because of them that i agreed. ofcourse, i liked my DH... but thatha and paati were very fond of me because i was their first "peran pondaati", When my son and daughter were born, thatha was so happy, he couldnot walk properly because of nerves weakness. but would walk from the third street to see these two.....

Recently (December 09) he passed away, many came and went. But few were looking at me in a strange way becasue i was crying all the time... its not that i spent hours together speaking with him. but i always loved the care he showed to me. whenever i went to paati's place, thatha would say a hundred times "paarthu po ma"...

Even now i am crying....

I think this is not the topic but i wanted to share this.... Please people dont think that at old age people are not of any use to us and send them to any aashram... their words with work wonders... their aashirwaadam will be with you all your life... so please take care of old people

Sandhya

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear veni,

It is nice to see a different posting from you. That too about senior citizens and the attitude of youngsters towards them. This is the very much needed posting I feel. Very true that nowadays children are not having enough time. Very fast world. Within the getting time they are having other commitments too. But still the old age like the new borns also need a lot of personal caring. So the maximum they both have to cooperate to make their life easier.
    One should not regret afterwards.

very nice thread dear. very well written.

ganges