1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done for u

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jasminerule, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

Big LaughIt's so nice to hear all of the romantic things your hubbies have done for you. This happened to me last weekend:

We've been looking for a new vacuum machine for a very long time. We went to Target and I saw a very nice one on sale for under $100 so I kept telling him that we should buy it. I kept saying it so many times in the store that he said: "I've already bought one from Amazon for $170.00". Surprised by his answer, I asked him why he never ask me or consult me (because he always ask me every time we make any purchase).

He looked at me seriously and said:"because I wanted to surprise you, I thought it would be nice when UPS deliver you won't know what's inside"....Me, I was speechless and shocked, after staring at him for a minute, I busted out laughing so hard in the store. I couldn't believe my husband wanted to surprise me with a vacuum machine. URGGG. Men definitely come from a different planet.:coffee

2. Falguni

Falguni New IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

Dear Jasmine,

This is a really wonderful thread! My husband does lots of little things around the house everyday. He drops as well as picks our son from school as he is at home and I am working during that time.

There are lots of things that immediately come to mind. He has met me halfway every time in taking care of our son. Even today, he will clean our son's potty if I am busy doing something. Even clean up the vomit in similar situation.

But, the thing that I consider the biggest compliment to me is when I heard him talking to his friend once. The friend was cribbing abt his wife (I must say when my hubby later told me abt it I had to agree that he was right and the wife shd have been more considerate).

My hubby told him that my wife is the best. She went thru her entire pregnancy without complaining even once. She worked till the last day and never once has she asked me to pick her up or drop her to office. No demands, no mood swings, no tantrums. I don't have anything to complain.

Even today when my ILs crib abt me he tells them also that sometimes they too have to adjust. I really love hima nd respect him for his unmoving love and support.

Regards,
    Falguni

2 people like this.
  3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

My hubby's sweetest behaviour is he does not show his office anger,tension ,or frustration when he returns back to home..Whenever he enters,he always smile towards me and say "hi kanna"..whatever the situation is..(Like after heated arguments, the previous day)....he used to cook whenever iam tired(oops!,but not all the time or more frequently).. and he is very romantic but not materialistic.....he will not wake me up even a 9am at weekends and ofcourse on weekdays also if i have time..and most important thing is he always thinks i should be happy..these are the things which makes me feel very happy...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  4. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Dear Jasmine,

Its will be 5 years of marriage for me with 3years of courtship - so about 8 years of being together with my husband.

This thread has made me take a walk down memory lane - thank you for that.

My husband is a gem - he will wake up in the mornings and make my morning cuppa during weekdays when i cook bf & lunch (both of us work), he will arrange/straighten the rooms (thanks to my 2yr daughter), straighten the bed, fold the blankets...he will keep my and daughter's stuff ready (lunch box packed, milk bottle filled, house keys, mobile fone)...by the time v both are ready (daughter and I), we just pick up our bags and rush out waving to him....

Evenings if i am tired, he will cook and take care of my daughter. he will eat ONLY if i serve him. He will put our daughter to sleep. I am forgetful by nature but he always remmbrs all the things i am supposed to carry and makes sure its on the table on my way out.

Like ria, my husband is also besura ek dum - but during our courtship days, he sang a song just for me. He still sings in my ears when we are in our romantic moods...:):redface:

Thanks once again for making me relive my past memories.

JJ

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Hi to all,
    Jasmine thanx for starting this thread...:clap
    My hubby is not like romantic type...if i ask him to help he'll help,thatz all,normally i won't ask his help...
    When v were in UK for 2 yrs,i got to knew abt his real love for me...when i was in the bed for 3 months,not able to do any work,even unable to get from my bed,he did all the work,poor man he was very busy with his project,but he got up so early prepared horlicks for me,along with paste in brush,after my brushing & hot horlicks:coffee,he put a chair in kitchen,i sat there & instruct him to do how to cook,poor fellow he is chellam for his parents,he not even know to keep water in the stove...but he cooked for us,gave me tablets by time,cleaned upt eh whole house,bought things from stores,porr fellow he struggled for 3 months contl'y.....main thing was i gave me full support,he hugged whenever feel very weak....v don't have friends,relatives there to tc of me,he was the one who acted as my mom,friend to share my feelings,sis' bro',s he is really a gift for me..s,i love him to the most....:kiss:kiss:kiss defl'y i won't forgot this lifelong....:)

1 person likes this.
  6. Manpreet

Manpreet New IL'ite

Hey lovely thread !

Well, I feel really blessed to have a hubby like I have! There are several romantic things he does that makes me feel special, to think of the most romantic one - little tough

He gets me flowers for all the special occasions - always - I really love it. Once we were not together on my birthday, he was out of country for work. He sent me cake and flowers for my birthday through online delivery. Another time when we were not together on a special ocassion, he asked his friend to be the delivery boy for flowers ;-) The most special one was when we were courting and he surprised me with a bunch of flowers and himself on my birthday early morning!! (he was in a different city that time - so he came all the way to be with me for the day)

He makes me tea all the time, i mean when he is at home - i never make the tea coz I just love to have tea made by him. Its a simple thing but means a lot to me.

He makes friday lunch (here in uae, friday is weekend). Its so refreshing to have food made by him, it tastes yummy and also so different from my regular low fat healthy cooking ;-) sometimes we cook together and I find that extremenly romantic!

Hmmmmmm...... so nice to think about the sweet & romantic things he does for me.

Thanks jasmine for starting this thread!

Cheers!

7. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

thank you jasmine for starting this thread.

my husband is really caring for me. everyday when we got to bed, i would like to talk with him for atleast 15 mins.no matter what time we go to bed, i will be keeping on talking and how ever tired is he, he will talk with me too.then to make me sleep, he will be massaging my forehead and hair(don't know the apt word, they say it as "kodhi vidaradhu" in tamil)

the next thing if i am down in mood or if i am not well he will sing loudly some song(though he is not a good singer. just to make me smile Big Laugh), according to the situation and my mood he will frame a song in his own words instantly and with some funny tune or movie tune, he will sing and make some funny steps, which will make me smile and forget all my tensions or mood offs. this is the most sweetet thing i like in him doing for me :)

please continue this thread .

regards,
    sreejag

1 person likes this.
  8. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

just saw the thread, couldn't resist, so here goes............

my dh is a wonderful person, loving husband and a caring father. ours is a love marriage, there are so many things to share, hence of little space and don't want to bore others, just one incident which happened during our visti to india, my dh went to bangalore to visit some friends, i was staying in chennai, he came back after a couple of days, bought some toys for my son, and was a good moment for my son enjoying his new toy, i myself was very fond of mysore silk sarees, i thought of telling him while he was there, but somehow forgot, to tease him i said "you forgot me", he told me to go open his suitcase, to my surprise and shock, there was a beautiful mysore silk saree............as i was standing there with tears in my eyes and that saree in my hands, my dh said "how do you think i wud come empty handed being knowing you love mysore silk sarees?" i was speechless......

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Jasmine,

I loved this thread:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap.

My man is not so expressive; he is very casual with everything and he doesn't share feelings that easily. But, when he becomes caring, he showers his love in abundance which is enough for millions of lives.

When I came to US for the first time he was not with me. I travelled with my infant who was 5 months and was acccompanied by a girl who was his colleague. He was so casual when he was talking with me over phone. I am always casual, so I didn't expect a thing from him, too. My journey was too loooooong. 2 night stays; one in Bombay and another in New york. He called me the night during my stay in NY and was talking some meaningless things for a long time. In New York, when we were about to board, were sent back to the transit area again. Because of severe snowfall in Minneapolis(where he was located) there was no clearance. That waiting was more than half-a-day. Finally, I reached.

He was into his transformation phase; so caring. He was in that phase for weeks. Once he took me to a friend's house. That friend told this. 'Your husband was so restless, from the moment you left. It was in the peak when you had to stay in New York and he couldn't control himself when the flight got delayed'.

I became so emotional that I was waiting for the time to reach home. Before even I start thinking of saying something he told me, "I know what you felt hearing that. I missed you so badly that I shared my restlessness with him".

That one incident is enough for this life. And crossed so many after that.

Thank you JasmineBow.

Love,
    Oviya.

1 person likes this.
  10. anu_babu

anu_babu New IL'ite

Hi All,

Its very very nice thread....I too try to remember all the lovely things my hubby did for me in this past 3 yrs...
    Normally i will scold him for all the small issues., its my habit & he just leave it without hearing anything...i was complaining him that my watchgot repaired & i need to repair it..he told tht he doesnt have time & some blaa blaass...one night..suddenly in our almirah..i found a gift pack..i was so much surprised he told that jus open & see...there was a beautiful watch...oh god i was really excited..bcos he is very much scared abt his parents..& he will not get me anything in front of them...but i was really happy to see that watch on that day...whenever he goes to someplaces..he get some small gifts..when he went to blore., some one month..he got small key chains with my name & my sons name in it...really i love him a lot...but i always used to tease him..sayign tht he is not caring..;-)but actually he cares a lot for me & my son but doesnt know how to show it..& he fears a lot for his parents..what to do??

1 person likes this.