1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done for u

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jasminerule, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

and I am not talking about materialistic things even though they are nice....

For me, my husband always make tea for me everyday rain or shine, he even make sure that my tea always has malai in them. I think about this everytime he makes me mad, I could have killed him if it wasn't the cup of tea.

Until now, he doesn't know that cup of tea has save him from some serious punishment...Big Laugh

Second: he will never wake me up from my sleep even if I fell as sleep at 9:00PM and there are so much housework needed to be done. All are done by him by the time I get up in the morning...OK ladies not all but some ::))).

So share yours.....

2 people like this.

2. sathyaram

sathyaram New IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

I would also like share something.....My husband also makes tea for me every morning and packs my lunch whenever I am running late (which is most of the days)... Also praises genuinely whenever I try a new recipe and it turns out good and does not make me feel bad when it turns out not so good....At times I really do stupid. things..like for instance I forgot our passports in madras when we went on vacation last year and our flight was from b'lore. I realized the missing pp only the day before our flight. My bro-in-law had to rush to b'lore with our pp. I was so mad at myself for being so careless. My husband kept cool and worked on the solutions instead of blaming me. If he had done the same thing, I would have killed him....I have done several dumb things in the past but he never takes tension and never makes me feel bad..May be that's why I keep doing it....bonk. He really takes good care of me whenever I am sick like making soup and feeding me hot and taking care of my 7 yr old son during this time.

I think these are very important to keep your life going rather than material things....

1 person likes this.
  3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

I want to share this with my friends.
    Week days I get up v early to cook food and things but weekends i love to sleep till late like 9am something.My husband always wakes up early and while i am sleeping he will do his work like office work or other stuff on laptop.Then when i wake up and see that he is not there everytime i call his name and everytime he runs and comes and asks full of attention what happened and what i want.Everytime i reply asking him what time he got up.
    I find this v cute.This has been the same since 2 years no change.

suji

4. sashie

sashie New IL'ite

hi, this is a neat thread, well even though i have had Many ups and downs, there are some things my husband has done, to make me less angry at him. first, he takes a very keen interest in the kids, he will always help me whether its feeding, diaper changing or putting them to sleep, he doens;t get tired of it. Second if i ask for help in the kitchen, or around the house, usually he will help me, he will vacuum etc, and he doesn;t complain!
    sashBig Laugh

1 person likes this.
  5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Wow Jasmine, nice thread.

He is always there as a back bone...a strong support during all the ups and downs in life.

Roopa

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Wow! Wonderful thread. I always like to more positive topics coming here.

I have a husband who does not like to sing and I am the person who sings all the time irrespective of tune and voice. So you can imagine how contrasting it could be in terms of music. So when we were in courting phase. I asked him to sing a song for me, and now I know how impossible it was for him. To my pleasure he did sing one, although as "besura" as I sing. But it was the most romantic thing i remember he has done for me.

Few more sweet things I can quote here, When I wake him I have series of gestures.. and he seems to enjoy all of them. But once in a while he will repeat those gestures to me when he is waking me up. Thats imitation at its best for me. I thoughly love it.

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My story goes like this...
    My husband is not that romantic type, but very materialistic..
    Whenever he remembers our anniversary (may be twice or thrice, he might have remembered till nowbonkbonk) he gets up early and cooks breakfast for me.

One more.... I had been to India last summer and he used to call me daily...
    and he never knew when I am returning back (I assumed that he knows and no need to tell him specifically). BUt he never called me on the day I was leaving... I got so mad, but I left to airport. Next day morning he came to know thru my parents that I had already left to US. I was so so mad at him and I never called him from the airport. (I had to wait few hrs @ Washington DC for my connecting flight to Boston). I called me several times to my cell, but I never picked up. He came to know that I was very mad and to my surprise he had brought a big bouquet and it had a note in that.
    I still have that note in my kitchen nicely framed and hanged.

1 person likes this.
  8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

you bring back memory,
    my husband when he was alive always my afternoon coffee was by him and prompt at 3 nothing more, then he would say come on taka dao means give money let me go get the veg fresh for the night and morning meals...now i make my own..when the spouse gone the little personal attn also gone..sunkan

9. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Well Jasmine,
    this a very sweet thread. Dear hubby does lots of sweetie pie things daily, but one I remember instantly is a lovely gesture on our wedding night (so quite private actually :wink: :wink: !!!).
    After the small reception we had, we were both tired as is usual, since our marriage ceremony was that morning. So two times dressing up, etc.

He made me sit down before him and started removing all the "zillion" or so pins from my hair-do, which would otherwise have taken me at least an hour or more to do so.
    I remember feeling so loved and fortunate at that moment. :)

10. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Nice thread Jasmine rule...when everyone talks about the issues at home, this will make everyone forget their problems and remember their spouse's love towards them.

When I saw this thread I simply remembered the day I came to US. Me and my daughter reached here in the evening around 6:30 and my hubby came to pick me with dinner packed for us. And the next day we both were full of jet lag and sleeping till 11:30 or 12 in the night and my husband woke me up. He cooked us dinner...it was simple rasam and brinjal curry, but that time it was the AMUDHAM for me. when I woke up I wasn't in a mood to eat, but then when I started I ate more than I wanted...it was very tasty as well...I could never forget this in my lifetime...

Cheers,
    Malar