1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ointments For Fading Acne Scars

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Needtobestrong, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

ive been suffering from acne since my teens..still have active acne and reddish acne scars, pitted scars as well..
    I'm going to visit a dermatologist sometime when I get the chance.
    Just want to know of any medicated dreams or ointments that help in fading acne scars so they don't look so obvious? I have lot of reddish and pinkish scars that make me self conscious..
    I'm scared of chemical peels and I'm not considering dermabrasion or even micro dermabrasion right now as I'm unable to go for sittings on regular basis and cost is more..I'm fully aware that pitted scars can't be removed by ointments..
    I'm keeping my expectations low and just on the lookout for ointments that can help in fading the scars so they are less obvious.
    Staying in India..
    Kindly let me know which ointments are good?
    One doc had prescribed an ointment containing Kojic acid long ago but I don't remember it being that effective..
    im not going to purchase any ointment over the counter and hence going to consult dermatologist.. but if u all give me suggestions I can ask the dermatologist about that particular cream to get the best treatment for me..

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hello Needtobestrong, sorry to hear about your acne problem, it is a frustrating issue.
    Recently I had sudden outbreak of acne all over my face, I was wondering so many things that could be the problem. 3 weeks back I had some allergy reaction so obvious on face and neck so took allergy tablets(Antihistamine) twice a day. After 4 days all my acne subsided and I have none now. Only some marks left, but I am sure they will go away if I keep applying turmeric or follow some natural remedies. The reason I am saying this is, if your acne problem is continuous, it could be some allergy that you dont know of. Either something you are eating, or applying. There are some intolerance tests that you can take which will list you the things that you are intolerant to. Avoiding them, will cure your acne completely. Dermatological treatments, or any ointment you apply on your face will only treat the side effects, but you need to identify the source of the acne. If you have teeth infections, that will cause acne too.

And if you have acne, you need to control milk products. I recently found out I am lactose intolerant, but i have been having milk all my life, only recently developed intolerance. Thats why I am saying checking your intolerance is really helpful. They test with few strands of your hair.

Apart from this, applying aloe vera+neem powder+turmeric daily helped control acne. And mixing few drops of apple cider vinegar with water, then gently cleaning the face with cotton - doing it regularly definitely controls the acne.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thank u :)