1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 9

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 22, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pooja,

Please forgive me. I completely missed out on replying to your fb. As it was posted after I announced the next episode it slipped my attention. Well, that's not an excuse. In future if I do not reply to your fb within 3 days please send me a stern pm.

It was only the week before that my teacher had taught me the beautiful meaning of dvayam. I wanted to bring that out to all my friends here. For am I not a packer and mover? Malya's story was the package for the great mantram.

You can safely adopt Arvind's idea of indulging in food while in difficult situations. I have seen it working in many instances.

KG is moved by Malya's fear that there would be nobody available to cremate her. Hence KG gave that honour to her. In another story of mine, called The Scandal, a high-born brahmin lits the funeral pyre of a prostitute and does all the last rites. (That story is there in this forum)

Thanks for the nice words, Pooja. Once again, sorry for omitting to respond to your fb.
    love,
    vara

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear DD vashini,

Hari Om. I am happy and proud to know that you have already learnt the mantram from a proper Guru. Every time when you chant it have the meaning in your mind. Remember the mother-daughter example. For in our tradition there is a rule that to chant a mantra without enjoying in its meaning is a sin.

It's like saying I LOVE YOU to your beloved in a flat, toneless, emotionless, lifeless voice. Never do that.

Not only with AIDS even with some minimal mental ailments families distance themselves from the affected person. I know a psychiatrist friend who tells me that it is easier to cure a mentally ill patient. But it is very difficult to make the family accept the patient as a normal person.

Persons like Malya (and of course Loganathan of OMG 6) should always stay in our memory, Vashini. It is very difficult to think of Love and compassion in abstract terms. On the other hand it is easy to think of Malya. That's why I made Yamini say that she was going to chant Malya's name as part of her daily prayers.

thanks for the fb, DD.
    love,
    your acchan.

3. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Uncle

You have got me hooked onto the OMG series!!!

Actually, when KG brings Malya to the hall and says "she is the girl", I actually thought he wanted to perform her last rites!!! Sounds funny now, but the way you have written that he stormed off in rage, then didnt take clases for her ... I thought maybe he wanted to tell her "There!!! Now perform your own 'Devasam'!!! :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

Moving on to read OMG-10 now ...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  4. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Really??? I didnt know that ... I tell everyone that I know the whole Vishnu Sahasranamam by-rote ... I thought of it as a big achievement! Never knew it was a total waste without knowing the meaning ...