1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 8, 2009.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Today was the day that I had the Grace of Her Majesty to read this wonderful episode. The wait was worth it! I had goosebumps reading it.

Thanks to you Sridhar that we are getting to read such gems and all brought to us in a neatly narrated and easily understandable language.

The added advantage of coming in late is I get to read all the fbs and your replies to them. Hence some of my doubts were cleared and also got to read the very interesting inputs from Pushpavalli and Padmini.

This story was such a divine pleasure to read that I need to read it again and again. Can one say enough to nectar?! Devi is around us and her 'abhayahastam' is protecting us. Only, I wish I were as immersed in her as Rose was, what a bliss that would be.

Thank you once again Sridhar for starting the serial OMG. This will remain for ever in my thoughts and I will be repeatedly visiting the various episodes to refresh the sweet memory of it all.

L, Kamla

2. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear sridhar sir,
    just last friday morning, i was looking at the daily sheet and was thinking about how just as Panguni is special to mylaporeans, Chithirai is dear to Madurai vasis....and i was delighted to read the lovely story about Her grace... your stories giving us tears in our eyes is nothing new...but this one gave me goosebumps - everytime i thought about it during the rest of the day...
    just imagining Her as a young girl, leading the way on a stormy night in the midst of lashing rain and thunder, melts the heart and brings tears to the eyes...
    such stories stand as testimony to the fact that everyone on earth is equal in His eyes, and we are all His children, irrespective of where we come from or what we do....He is there for us and with us, always...

this story also reminds me of the story associated with the Madurantakam temple - there also an English collector is said to have seen the vision of Lord Rama saving the lake from flooding on a night of heavy rain, isn't it ? and the Englishman is said to have helped with the construction of the Thayar sannidhi... do share with us if you happen to have any authentic account of the erikatha ramar story...

thanks for bringing this lovely story about Meena madam's grace in Her special month, for all of us who are not blessed enough to see Her being given away in marriage by her Brother, who comes all the way on his annual excursion for the event !

and you can be sure about one thing, whether i am able to give a fb immediately or not, i'll never miss reading OMG... it is like a medicine, a 'sarva roha nivarani' for all the ills plaguing our hearts...

3. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

jus now saw Pushpavalli maam's fb and your reply to her, about madurantakam :)
    one has to agree that they are pretty straight forward, and don't let their mind clouded by hypocrisy, whatever their beliefs may be...

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Am going through the FBs and your replies to them. Quite a lot of interesting things and experiences have been shared by our members which sustains the interest through out and makes us come back to check for more. Great! Keep up the good work! Waiting for OMG 8.
    Love,
    Malathi

5. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Varalotti sir,

Lovely narration of the Rose Peter Incident. It moved me and I had a lump in throat when I finished reading it. Where have those kind of people gone ? Mankind was different a few years back and it has changed so much now.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    One thing I need to tell you up front. OMG is different from ALS and LA. In those serials I had full control over what I chose to write. I was a virtual master of the story line.
    In this series fearing that I may become too busy mid-way I was keeping more than half a dozen episodes ready to be posted. I can do it here because every story is independent.
    It's still a mystery to me how a particular story gets selected at the last moment. Episodes I wrote more than a month ago are still sleeping, while She made me virtually sleepless during the last three nights to make me write the 8th episode.
    7th episode was what I picked up from the newspaper dated 3rd April 2009 5 days before Kumbabishekam of the Madurai temple. And I posted it at the time of Her marriage to Sundareswara.

Today my Master had a few minutes free time before we started our classes. He was telling me 'what a kind of treasure we have sridhar. why dont people follow this path of love? what's the problem?'
    I told him that packing is the problem. The books I have to study for my classes is written in the traditional style which a modern computer-savvy mind can't even begin to understand. I told him that the need of the hour is not great saints. We have quite a lot of them. We need only packers and movers. People who can pack these treasures in right language and setting and people who can move them out of the conventional setting into the morern computer setting.
    That's my mission statement, Kamla. I am particular that every twenty-plus thing working for IT or ITES should know these stories. We should start a packing and a moving revolution.

You know once I finish posting the leader post, the roles are reversed. People like Pushpavalli, Padmini, Malathi Jagan et al come up with something new. And everybody who writes an fb here adds to my knowledge and fills up some gaps in my education.

Your visiting this thread amidst your busy activities - I know how difficult it is to manage the FP forum and also being a super mod and participate in the global mods forum - is a blessing conferred on me. That makes me go out of the way to search for new stories. And at times even create them. OMG 6 was like that. And OMG 8 and OMG 9 which will be one very long story in two episodes will again be my creation.

But believe me I create only the form and the substance is as usual, from time immemorial. I do the job of a shop assistant. (of those days) The customer places the order to my boss. My boss in turn orders me. I go in find out the material, weigh it pack it appropriately and deliver it to the customer.

The customer in her over enthusiasm many time thinks that I have created the materials. I just deliver. that's all.

thanks for coming in. Somehow your fb makes me to write very long-winding fb. Bear with me, Kamla.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

dear sowpar,

when I read your fb I just remember the way you sat in Anusha's house sometime in December 2008 and was talking about everything under the sun with me, Indhu and all others. Your fb is exactly like your speech. Direct, simple and straight without any frills.

The Rose Peter story which appeared in the newspaper was small and simple. Having decided to write about it in OMG I was meditating on the story for almost a week. And then slowly got the scenes one by one. What she did to Rose Peter was just a trillionth part of Her love. We can't even begin to imagine how her full love would be like!

Equality before God... that's a wonderful thought, Sowpar. But here we need to go one step further. Not only the rich and poor are equal before her, not only the strong and weak, the powerful and the downtrodden, the Englishman and the Indian, but also the believers and the non-believers. Her love for those who do not believe in Her is no less than Her love for those who believe in Her. Only thing is that the non-believers cannot experience Her love.
    That should make us love and respect the non-believers because She loves them.
    I have heard about the Maduranthakam Eri kaatha Ramar story. And the story is documented in the temple records. Pushpavalli has talked about this story.
    These foreigners are fairly straightforward and did not have any hidden agenda while approaching God. That makes their devotion superior to ours.

Words like these inspire me to search long and deep for the right story to be placed in this thread. I will be making an annoucement shortly. But just some advance tips.
    OMG 8 and OMG 9 will be one story in two episodes. The story runs into 8000 words (about 25 parts) and I don't want to test your patience. But I have one request to all of you. Only those of you who are sure of reading OMG 9 on May 22nd, should read OMG 8 to be posted on May 15th. Reading OMG 8 and not reading OMG 9 will be injurious to your emotional health.

Don't worry, i will also remind you all through pms.
    Thanks for the nice, conversational fb which made me feel as if you were talking to me.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    that's exactly what I want in my forum. It should be a discussion board and not a fan club.
    And with OMG it has gone one step further. On an average an OMG episode has about 60 - 70 posts. Only in the first 15-20 posts I tell something. In the rest 40 something posts I am a student and the ILites assume the role of my teacher. That's why I love writing a reply to your fb. That's why many times my responses are even disproportionately longer than your fb. It's this "parasparama bhavayathaanena" attitude which Lord Krishna tells in Gita, which makes the thread interesting.
    I owe it to you all.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear vsar,
    thanks for the nice fb. You are right. We don't have people like Rose Peter nowadays. We have collectors who earn millions in bribes and even plunder the temple properties. May God save them all.

thanks for coming, vsar.
    love,
    sridhar

10. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    OMG what an episode. simple, faithful devotion of Rose peter has made the divine mother come out to not only give her darshan but also save him. Ennae aval karunai... Amma endral anbu.. kodaanu kodi kuzhanthaikalin thayaarukku, entha kuzhanthaiya irundaalum ondru thaan endru kaanbikka azhagaana kathai!!! Sorry for the late FB, as i am still not able to spend too much time online.
    Aparna