1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 8, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    You are right. I chose the episode partly because it was Mother's day. In fact I even had one statement to that effect in the episode but then removed it in the last minute.

It's really thrilling to know that you experienced some miracles of the Holy Mother. Sorry for the delay in furnishing the email ID. I shall do it right now.
    When you also talk about the green dress I too was mesmerised.

I am not exactly offering jewels, Jaya. I am an ordinary torch bearer and in my spare time I train my torch on her jewels. That creates an optical illusion as if I am offering the jewels. It's Hers and will always be so. I am glad that I had the job of training my torch on Her love and compassion.

The next episode is going to be different. Stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Mindi,

You hit the nail on its head. Rose Peter's devotion stands apart because of his selflessness. He did not want even the privilege of entering the temple. Even in choosing the gift he did not want to show himself off. Rather he was moved by the Mother's barefoot and wanted to do something about that.

Bakthi without any expectations is the real one.

The golden pair of shoes is not worn by the main deity. It's worn only by the utsava murthy only when she goes out on festival days in kuthirai vahanam. When somebody connected to the temple told me that the name Rose Peter is still clearly visible in the shoes.

A lot of foreigners are here most of the time because of the sculptural beauty of the temple. Non-Hindus are allowed up to a limit. For instance they can visit the Potraamaraikkulam and go up to the gate leading to Amman Sannathi. But can't go inside.

Thanks for the fb, Mindi. The next episode is due on 15th May. Stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Viji,
    thanks a lot. You are right. true bakthi is blind as to the caste, creed, colour and the educational background of the person.

Thanks for the fb. Looking forward to see you in OMG 8 which is going to be special in a different way.

love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Vijaya,
    Thanks for your kind words. But even though I live in Madurai I rarely visit the temple. It's because of the crowds. I am kind of allergic to crowd.

You are most welcome to Madurai. Let me know when you are coming.

I don't think the Kumbabishekam is posted on any website. But many newspapers carried a series of articles on the miracles which happened in the temple. The Rose Peter story is one among them.

You are right. If you visit the temple you can see her beauty being manifest throughout the temple. The Brahadeeswara temple at Tanjore is the biggest one. But ours is the most beautiful one around. No wonder it is considered as one of the wonders of the world.

Thanks for being there. Looking forward to seeing you on 15th May.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Vidya,
    thanks. This is a rare story. I have been living in Madurai all my life and I didn't know that until a series of such stories were published in local Tamil dailies during the recent Kumbabishekam.

Having faith in her when the going is good is not a problem. But continuing to have faith when the whole world is going against us is real devotion.

I will let you know a secret Vidya. The next story I have chosen is so long that I am forced to break it into two episodes. The first of which will be posted on 15th. Be there. Stay tuned.

And thanks for the great words you have for me.

Thanks for your kind fb.
    love,
    sridhar

6. Manas

Manas New IL'ite

Sridhar Sir,

All these days I was just a silent reader of your stories, but today I decided to write to you for giving us such a wonderful story. I had visited her temple only once but after reading your writeup i feel like seeing her again as soon as possible. thank you very much once again.

Good day

7. varalotti

Dear Gayu,
    Thanks. You are most welcome to visit the temple again. When you pray just to see Her your prayers will definitely be answered.

Somebody said that the value of the gift does not depend on the money spent on buying it but the thought given to the selection. Rose Peter was a selfless devotee and it's no wonder that he could choose a gift which stood out and has stood the test of time.

Gayu, the next two episodes constitute one long story. Please stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Pooja,
    You are the only person who has mentioned about Yam's new book. I would love to write a novel on that delicate, the most interesting subject. But right now my plate is full. Let's wait for a chance.

God expects nothing but love from us. When She saw that the Englishman's heart was full of love she not only revealed her form to him but also saved him from danger. Remember that Rose Peter never once prayed to Her to guard him from danger.

The Englishman stayed out of the temple but was close to our Mother by his selfless love.
    Let's also learn a lesson from him. The next time when we see her beautiful form in the temple let's just say I love you, Ma. At the most we can pray for the welfare of the world. Then she is sure to place her loving hand on our heads and bless us.

Thanks, Pooja for those moving words. So long as I am alive and so long as I can I will be sharing my stories with you all. That's my life's mission.

love,
    vara

9. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    I was inspired by your support to me. I still remember the time when you sacrificed your sleep and all your hobbies to edit my book on Obama. No wonder my publisher went ga-ga about the book. In the story I just reversed the roles.
    In fact service rendered by people like Saravanan is far better than that of the priests. Because Saravanan did not expect anything from God. And he did not let the service enter his head. But most of the priests are greedy. And that's the problem.
    Rose Peter's desire to see Her Majesty was rooted in pure, selfless love. Such love can always melts the Holy Mother.
    thanks. You will find a greater justification in the next two episodes.

When you pray to Her, she simply can't refuse. I cant thank you adequately for this.

love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Manas,
    I am really happy that the Rose Peter story was able to break your silence and make you come out with a short and a sweet fb.
    You are most welcome to visit her temple. Let me know when you are coming.

And Manas, the next two episodes are important. They constitute a single story and talk about the deepest kind of love. Don't miss them. If you can post a fb, it's fine. But don't forget to read them.

Take care and God bless,
    love,
    sridhar