1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 6

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 1, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini,
    You are most welcome. Your quoting the Mahakavi's lines show two things. One, you enjoyed reading this post. And you really enjoyed those immortal lines of the greatest of poets, Subramanya Bharathi.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Andal,

You are right. Logu's bakthi is another dimension. Why, it's the ultimate dimension of Bakthi. To treat one's pain as God, one's suffering as His love, that is the ultimate form of devotion.

What we have seen is just one and a half lines of Nammazhwar.His entire composition is sure to melt any heart. And more than that his lines are very simple.
    I read a paasuram yesterday. I am sure you can know the meaning just by reading it once

எங்கும் உளன் கண்ணன் என்ற மகனைக் காய்ந்து*
    இங்கில்லையால் என்று இரணியன் தூண் புடைப்ப*
    அங்கப்பொழுதே அவன் வீயத் தோன்றிய* என்
    சிங்கப்பிரான் பெருமை ஆராயும் சீர்மைத்தே*

Looking forward to seeing you here in this forum on May 8th, another special day fit for another special episode.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Welcome. Or should I say, welcome back? Whatever it is, I am very happy to see you in these forums after a long time.
    Yes so many things happened in your absence. ALS, LA and now OMG.

OMG is a series which we can enjoy when we have personal issues and enjoy when we don't have any.
    In the modern complex world there is virtually no time or season in the year, where we are not saddled with one personal issue or the other.
    Unlike ALS or LA I can go on writing OMG till I live. God's love is infinite. I am sure He would bless me with more materials for the series.

After writing OMG 6 I was really worried whether I would come up with something even half as good. And then I found an old paper which had a beautiful story. Only now I completed the first draft of the story.

It is very kind of your husband to have spent time reading my writings. Let me extend a warm welcome to him while requesting the Lord to you bless two and yours with all the health, peace and prosperity.

Love,
    sridhar

4. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

This is again a master piece. After reading OMG-6, I felt a great relief. You have given us peace of mind through your works. This is one among them. :bowdown

I felt I could share some happening with my life. I am in a great dilemma.
    I am in bench right now, no project, I have a 6mnth old kid and I hate to leave him and come to work. Although I need to work for giving him a comfortable life. I am not sure how my life will take me from here. Could you please pray for me, that the Almighty would show me the right path.

Sorry for unloading my worries on you.

5. varalotti

Hi Shrika,

Thanks for the nice words. I am happy that you were able to find some relief in Logu's story.

I am really sad that you have been placed on the bench. But Shrika, with this economic meltdown,all of us are in one kind of bench or other. We are not working to our full capacity (at least most of us, me included) and are not earning at our full capacity.

My prayers are there for you.

About your dilemma, Shrika. It's a very delicate question. I have given my inputs. But it's purely your call.

If you have a 6 month old kid and you hate to leave him to come to work... well, I would suggest that you better stay home and take care of him.
    The greatest comfort you can give to your child is your presence, your love and your company. So long as your family's earning assures you the basic stuff and some comfort, being with your child should be your top priority.

But if your DH's job is also at risk then you may have to go to work against your wishes.

These are just passing clouds, Shrika. Just remember that your family - your DH and your child are the ones that matter. Job, career, money etc. are just frills.

I pray our Madurai Queen (who is getting married today to Lord Sundareswara) to bless you with the strength and wisdom to take the right decision.

No need to feel sorry for unloading your worries here.This is by definition a thread on God and there could not be a better place to unload.

love,
    sridhar

6. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I am moved by your story and even more superb narration. These lines clearly show that we should not take the basic necessities for granted.
    From now on I will start reciting these lines reguarly to get away from tensions and anger.

Thank you very much...

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    What can i say, am glad i read this post. I will go thro your previous post and give you my fb.

You are a wonderful writer (which you know yourself) and the flow of thoughts and story line is so smooth like music taking a crescendo and then a dip and then a spike.

At my age, i love stories related to Divine, bhaktiparavasam is so beautiful. Interweaving Nammazwar story make is like zari to the saree.

Bhakti is one rasa one has to experience,but by reading unstinching faith in divine is inspiring which is what you have done.

A friend of mine used to tell me, every breath i take shd have HIS name, i only want to breathe in and out divya naam.
    Bhakti comes in when we totally surrender to the Divine, this is where all the great saints like Azhwars and nayanamars differ from us. We want the Divine to act the way we want (my family,me and my friends shdn't suffer, then only others come in) and then like a business deal we offer Divine somethings in return. When we treat Divine as business, he too gives a business deals, but if we can surrender completely without an iota of doubt like Loga , poison too becomes nectar. We have many such examples living or lived with us.

Thanks Sridhar for the post, these types of post realigns our faltering doubts abt Divine.

Let every breathe of mine be HIS name
    Jaya

8. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear Vara,

Reading this post i also wanted to read the bhagavad -gita....(not as a sleeping pillBig Laugh) but to gain knowledge....i dont know if i am suitable to read this at this age...i heard it is written in a complicated language and its not easy:hide: to undersatnd its meaning at one go.....

Even i want to Thank god like Mr.logu ..to tell him that i am happy with ever he blessed me with...if by reciting these two lines i could thank him little i would do it surely....:)

As logu fell at KG's feet i also want to fall at your feet vara,for teaching me such good slokas and increasing my knowldege regarding the spiritual matters....wish to meet you some day in person and prostrate to you MY ACHARYA...:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Thanks again Vara...for sharing those 2wonderful lines with us...

-Pooja.

9. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

Thanks for your prayer and the kind words. I am also leaving my problems at the feet of GOD. Hopefully everything will become alright.

10. ashwiniramesh

ashwiniramesh New IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,
    The episode was fabulous but i am not able to read tamil, please translate that shloka into english, eventough i understood the meaning i want to chant that mantra, as many has said i also want some relief by day today life.
    And even i accept you as my acharya and please receive my prostration in the net. Great going :thumbsup

Ashwini