1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 5

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 24, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pad,
    When you write something with the picture of the Gitacharyan in the background I feel that my writings have got a divine sanction.
    I wrote this story first in 1998 when I was very much disturbed by the news of fake swamijis and charlatans. My way of expressing my displeasure to the world was to tell in no uncertain terms what a real Swamiji should be like. and you have captured the point.
    The kural and the Guru explanation was very good.
    Love of all the forces in the world has got a unique ripple effect. Let's say a woman showers love on her husband as he is leaving for office. Let's just assume that before her husband goes to office she kisses him on his cheeks and tells him 'I love you.'. The man would drive the vehicle very sensibly. In the office he would behave well with his colleagues. May be one of the colleagues who might be moved by the person's love may go back to his house with a heart full of love. He may hug his wife and tell her that he loves her. The wife in turn will show that love to her children who in turn will show the love to their friends and teachers who in turn...
    There is no stopping the cascading effect of love.
    The only problem is that hatred also has got a cascading effect.
    In this story I just attempted to show a dimension of the cascading effect of love.
    Tomorrow, on the special OMG episode you will see another effect. Don't miss it, Pad.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    You will live a hundred and twenty years (like our Acharya Ramanuja) For on the day you posted your fb I had just started missing you and was about to send a reminder to you. When I refreshed the screen in came your reply. So you are not late.
    But for tomorrows episode don't be late. See off your DH, light a lamp and start reading OMG 6 first thing in the morning. It's special.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

Thanks for those flattering lines. But you know very well dear that I write about Arvind's love and service so much, because that's something I can't do and I have not done.

About Swamiji making Raghavan skip the queue, well every rule has got its exceptions. In fact a rule is more clarified by its exceptions than by its strict aderence.

Love is not just a sarva roka nivaranai but also the death defying elixir. Love as a feeling, as a quality and as God Herself, has not yet been understood by us. My mission is to throw light on at least a trillionth of the powers of that great quality which is the first name of God.

You wrote this line on 28th as I was about to give a surprise on 28th. I am now reading it on 30th. And it is still true. For you will be in for a surprise tomorrow. In OMG 6. Stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    Do you know that I started thinking that the episode is not that good, because you hadn't visited for a while. I had my own reasons to fear. For I changed the story literally at the last moment. I did not even have time to run a spell check.
    Your post, your soothing words have put my fears to rest.

You are right. It takes a lot of love and immense mental training to love an irritating neighbour or a nagging mil.

Even when it comes to expression of anger a human being is a bundle of contradiction. The man's boss might hurl choicest profanity at him in the office. The man would keep quite all the time. And when his colleague who knows about the incident remarks, 'When the boss was shouting like that why did you keep quiet?' Our man would say, 'Oh, I know how to control my anger.'
    We all know that what he says is bull ****. For the same man when he returns home and his loving wife places his cup of coffee before him, and a drop spills on his dress, he would fly into uncontrollable rage and hurl the coffee at his wife.
    When somebody tells him, 'What's this Balu, should you not control your anger?'
    The same moron who spoke philosophy a few hours before would justify, 'You see I can't control my rage. After all I am a human being, you know.'
    That again is bull ****.
    Looks like our great poet Thiruvalluvar has watched this ironical scene, for he has devoted one of his 1330 kurals to describe that.
    செல்லிடத்துக் காப்பான் சினங்காப்பான் அல்லிடத்து
    காக்கில் என் காவாக்கால் என்
    If a person wants to control his anger he should do that in those places where his anger has an affect (like his vulnerable wife and innocent children.) In other places (like before his MD) it doesn't matter whether he controls his rage or not.
    Sorry for the digression, Kamla. Had been wanting to share this with you all. Your fb brought this out.
    Thanks for visiting the special edition of OMG. But my dear friend, there is one more special edition due tomorrow evening. Please do not miss it.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Vijaya,
    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.And welcome to my forum. You are right about the need to put them into practise. I am trying my best though I should confess that there is a yawning gap between my characters and me, when it comes to love and goodness.
    Tomorrow I am going to bring out another special edition OMG 6. Please stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

I will be uploading OMG Episode 6 shortly. My dear wife has always been warning me not to build up ILites' expectations by frequently (rather too often) talking about the specialty of this episode. And I have been very consistently neglecting her kind words and in every response to every fb I have been talking of OMG 6. And it is that OMG 6 that I am uploading now.

Well, ladies, it is not to seek publicity to me or to my writings. It is just an anxiety borne out of pure love that you should not miss this great lesson. A few months back my Guru talked about the one and a half lines written by Nammazhwar. The lines have been haunting me ever since. The haunting did not stop until I wove a story around those beautiful lines.

I have lived for 51 years in this world. Most of my waking hours I have been either reading or writing. I should have read probably a few million lines by now. Of all those millions these one and a half lines stand out. These lines have now redefined my thought processes.

If those lines can make such changes in a fifty plus mofussil accountant, how much can it make in the fresh and fertile minds of young mothers, professional women, intelligent executives, loving grandmothers, affectionate women spread the world over? It was only this thought that made me write this episode. It was only that concern that made me blew my trumpet rather too loud for the past two weeks.

I wrote this episode in less than hour. But I have been thinking about this for months on end. And I will continue to think about this post even though I may write a million more posts in my life time.

This is no ordinary child, ladies. And I know you are no ordinary women. In as much the child is special, so are the hands that are going to hold it.

With Love to All and Malice to None,
    yours in pure love,
    sridhar

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Accha,
    Hari Om!
    LOVE is DIVINE.... That's the only word came across my mind throughout the whole episode....

With Love,
    vashini

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vash,

Long time not to be seen. I too beleive that LOVE is GOD, LOVE is DIVINE but recently heard a film song where the hero sings..kadhal enbadhu nai kutti pole (Love is like a puppy). I do not know who the lyrcist is but got so irritated by the comparison... no wonder nowadays love is so short lived.

9. varalotti

Dear Vashini,
    Hari Om! Nice to see you back after a long, long time. I would suggest a small variation in what you have summarised.
    Love is divine, no doubt. But whatever is divine is nothing but love.

love,
    your acchan

10. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Acchan,
    Hari Om.
    "whatever is divine is nothing but love."

Perfect...:thumbsup whatelse can i say...