1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 4

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

I just like your postings very much. Your writing has so much power and its so different from anyone here.

Thanks for the wonderful posting!!!:thumbsup

I am just very much confused with the username you are using on the site, any specific meaning!!!

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Just now only I read OMG-4 and so here with my FB.

You brought Angayarkanni's sannidhi in my mind with your words. Her face eludes me but I dont know I can very well see her "arul tharum vizhigal" when I close my eyes. The last time I saw her in person in June 2008, that too at late night around 9:00pm. I don't know but during that trip to India, I also went to GarbaRakshambigai temple in Thirukkarukaavur (a week later after being to MDU). I thought the Ambigais both resembled each other with their graceful beauties and both made me cry in delight.:bowdown

This episode is the best one so far...may be because I could connect with Meena Madam so well and my Madurai. At the same time you also have pointed out the kind of love that should be between a couple....!

Thank you for a wonderful treat as usual and may God bless me that I read part 5 today and give a feedback faster this week. I skipped reading all the FBs and now going to go through each one of them.

Have a nice weekend Sir.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

I don't know how does it feel like reading OMG week after week. But for me writing it, responding to your fb is all a profound spiritual experience.

I am now sure things are happening on their own. I had prepared the episode to be posted today some three weeks back. I read the final edited post this morning and was not happy with the post. And decided to change it. I searched for an appropriate post in the fiction series that would jell with Episode 4 posted last week and Episode 6, the highlight of the fiction mini-series.

All day I have been polishing and editing that post. That explains
    a) a few minutes delay in uploading the post and
    b) the delay in responding to a few fb (including that of my wife)

The ball is in your court now. No, no, the child is in your hands now.

Have a great week-end. Take care.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    I am happy that you find Arvind's concern for Yamini so touching. Have you met some person like that? No way, dear. For I am no where near Arvind. Arvind is my ideal. And if you choose to be my wife for the next 100 births, may be I'll be like Arvind in my 100th birth. But you might think, Is that condition worth suffering for 99 lives? Well, it's your call, dear.

Since you were brought up in Madurai and could easily get an illichavayan who lives in Madurai at the right time, you do not know the value of having a Madurai Mappillai. Just ask those ladies who have quit madurai and have gone to far off places. They will tell you the value of Sharada's statements.

Regarding visiting the temple more often, I have told you several times and will tell you again. Given the kind of crowd which is now there at all times and at all seasons, I fell more of distraction than devotion in visiting the temple. May be I am not spiritually matured enough to avoid the distraction and focus on the devotion. When I get that maturity we can visit the temple more often. Clear?

You are right. I still remember my English teacher explaining the lines of Shakespeare in Julius Caesar
    Cowards die many times before their death
    The valiant never tastes of death but once.
    See how the Bard uses the word "tastes" for the valiant person. And uses the word die for cowards. For the valiant death is something to be tasted while for the coward it is something to be feared.

You are right. In fact I have made a Swamiji talk almost the same lines in OMG 5.

Where could you have heard these words except from your DH? A writer friend of me, a very popular writer who has written stories for films and has directed and is directing many TV serials told me once, that he has not been given the recognition which he rightly deserves. I was stunned into silence. As I was driving home I was constantly telling God, "Oh My God! My case is exactly the reverse. I have been given more recognition than what I deserve. Whatever you gave me in this life, my parents my wife, my child, my writing, my friends, my readers, this IL and all the ILites - they were given purely out of sheer mercy. If only the Great God had stopped to think whether I deserve them or not, I would not have got anything. These thoughts drove me to write the poem, Once there was a rally against God.

thanks.

I think you first wrote two of them can be omitted. I will tell you which two. You would have chosen to omit "handsome writer" and 'the most loving husband' But thanks for accepting me as the 'greatest story teller'. Or did you accept story teller and loving husband and omitted out the handsome part? Well, I am pichifying my hair.

thanks.
    Remember madam the next special, very special date is on 1st May. Don't forget it.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

You are most welcome, Malathi. OMG 4 first started as an ordinary episode with some ILites feeling that it is less than ordinary. But soon the kind of fb I have been receiving for it both in public and in private made it extraordinary. Please refer to my post earlier in the thread where I have explained the conversation I had with an ILite who has such clairvoyant powers. Only after talking to her did I realise that such powers are more of a burden than privilege.

The 6th episode is all about the most powerful one and a half lines of verse I learnt in my whole life. That's why I am going out of the way to make it known to ILites about the speciality of the episode.

thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Sumisen,
    Congratulations on your very first fb to me. Or should I congratulate myself for getting the first fb from you? Whatever it is it's a nice feeling to see your great post, Sumi.
    And thanks a lot for the praises you have heaped on me. And while listing down the serials you have omitted the recent one, Love All. In fact the characters Arvind and Yamini are from Love All only. If you have time please read that serial as well. You will be able to understand this one better.

The first 3 episodes of OMG, I lifted from our texts. They are real life incidents. The next three are works of fiction. But as you finish reading 5 and 6 (I posted OMG 5 yesterday and 6 is due on May 1st) you will find that there is no difference between truth and fiction.

Like you and all the ILites I also thought for a while that OMG 4 is not as good as the other three. But when I saw the pm from an ILite who has clairvoyant powers my opinion changed. This is an issue which needs to be addressed in modern day spirituality before we grow further.

This is a public forum, Sumi. And the whole thread and the forum are discussion boards. So here you can express your opinions loud and clear. You can even shout and shreik. Of course I will be there to respond to every sound you make in this forum.

Thanks for deciding to give a fb. Why don't you continue with this practice in the coming episodes as well? It will be a matter of great encouragement for me.

love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Hi Shrika,
    You made my day with your kind words. My name is sridhar. And my pen name is Varalotti Rengasamy. Varalotti is the name of my village and Rengasamy, the name of my adoptive father. When I started writing some 11 years ago I wanted an unique name and hence chose this one.

Now you will be surprised how our village got the name varalotti. Click this link and read all about it.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...rial-stories/5349-varalotti-on-varalotti.html

And Shrika, I saw you reading Love All. But I think you have stopped with the 13th episode.
    Looking forward to receiving your comments on the serial.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Viji,

I am very happy to see your touching fb. Only a person who has been in Madurai and a frequent visitor to the temple could feel that connection.
    It is surprising to know the striking similarity between Thirukkarukavoor amman and Meena Madam. I said striking similarity because because both these ladies have always struck us with their love. And Vijee I am planning a full episode on Madurai Meenakshi. It may come within two, three weeks.

You have said that you will read OMG 5 and post your fb. But so far I have not seen yours. May be you think that the episode is not up to the mark.

Thanks for your wishes, Viji. You too have a nice week end.
    love,
    sridhar

9. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Accha, Hari Om!

After reading this episode I thought of asking you a question that has runs in my mind for a long time. Maybe you are the right person for me to ask. Are there any explanations for being possess in our books. Like why it happens? How and to whom? I mean a spiritual explanation for it.

Love,
    Vashini

10. varalotti

Hari Om Mol!
    Being possessed by "spirits" do happen. Of course I also need to tell you that there are people who "fake" that.
    I am not such a spiritual master to give an explanation to that phenomenon. But I can tell you this.
    "Possession" happens when the individual consciousness establishes some kind of a communication channel with some other consciousness, usually more powerful than itself. If the other consciousness is God, there is no problem. But if the other consciousness is a kind of evil or a hurt soul like what happened in Chandramuki then there is problem.
    The best antidote to avoid such kind of possession is fill our mind with love. Love for God and love for fellow beings.
    love,
    Acchan