1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 4

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aparna,
    Thanks for the nice words. Real devotion and love for God does not aspire for doing miracles. I have come in contact with some of the greatest clairvoyants of our times. As I observed them closely I started hating those extra powers which more often than not hinder our spiritual evolution. And to drive home that point I built up a story with our Queen. There is one more real life incident which will come in the next set of three. Right now OMG 6 (due on 1st May 2009) is the highlight for this three episodes. Don't miss it. Of course I need not tell you that the next episode is due on 24th April. These three are the 'fiction' series.
    Hope your friend's son is recovering from his illness.
    Will meet for the next date on 24th April. Till then take care.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Jothi,
    You have come and illuminated the thread. For are you not Jothi, the very source of light?

You are right. One thing that has impressed me in Ramayana is the beautiful relationship that Rama and Sita shared till the events outside came to disturb it. They were surely an ideal couple.

I know another person in our area. He and his wife shared an excellent relationship. In spite of the fact that they did not have a child. He was working for some Government Department. Many days he would start to go to work, but then come back home and spend the whole day with his wife talking about so many things. They had ancestral property. And lived happily with his meagre salary.

One day the man fell ill and died all of a sudden. Surprise of surprises! The wife died within an hour of his death. Their funeral was attended by people from far and wide because in our parts, husband and wife dying together is considered as a divine miracle.

Also read post #30i in this thread.Yamini-Arvind relationship is also an integral part of the series. Love all ended with "they lived happily everafter". In OMG I am trying to explain the "ever after"

thanks for the fb, Jothi.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

dear bas,
    Thanks. I have decided to write only about ideal couples in this OMG series. I am happy you could relate to these instances.

You are right, bas. Old is Gold. But gold is not the only precious metal. Platinum, a relatively modern metal is even more valuable.

Now you will have to do two things:
    a) Read # post 30 in this thread.
    b) The second three are fiction episodes and the highlight is the post I will be making on 1st May 2009. Please do read that post before you go out of your base.

thanks for being there for me, bas. The next date with me is on 24th April. Till then take care.
    love,
    sridhar

4. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Arvind’s concern over Yamini is so touching . I have met a similar person somewhere …. Somewhere … :confused2:( excuse me , give me 2 days time … I will definitely let you know when I remember who he is actually ! … )

. Had a hearty laugh on reading these lines ! Poor guy , he has got the only qualification of being a Maduraite ! Big Laugh … just kidding !

Your description of Ambaal is such that I feel like visiting her once in a week instead once in a month as I do now ! ( உங்க வார்த்தையை வெச்சே permission வாங்கியாச்சு ! :hiya எப்பிடி ? …. )
    Sharadha’s words thrilled me ! Everyone of us should realise this fact and face anything that comes across our lives in future , bravely ! மனிதனுக்கு மிகப்பெரிய எதிரி பயம்தான் . கோழைக்கு தினம் தினம் சாவு . வீரனுக்கு ஒரே முறைதான் சாவு ! அல்லவா ?

. What a meaningful prayer ! அடுத்தவரை நேசிப்பது ஆண்டவரை நேசிப்பதற்குச் சமம் அல்லவா ? நன்று சொன்னீர்கள் ! :thumbsup

– I have heard these words too... ‘ somewhere ‘ ! :rotfl

The last two lines of this episode ( eventhough seemed romantic) express only Arvind’s true love & concern towards his dear wife ! Well said , Sridhar !

”- Take it as my words ! ( of course … 1 of them can be omitted …which one ? ….. guess … dear … )

Enjoyed this episode too !
    Lots of love ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. varalotti

Dear Amrita Poorani,

thanks a lot for those nice words. I am happy to get a fb from you. The next two episodes will be longer than this one. Of course this and the next two will be in the same 'fiction' category. But that categorisation is only to explain God's love better.

I am planning for Episode 6, due on 1st May 2009 in a big way. It's going to be special for many reasons. Don't miss it. And please find time to write an fb for it as well.

Of course the next episode is due on 24th April, the day after tomorrow.

love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

So long as there is an assurance that you will come, I don't mind the delay. Your coming here is a matter of honour for me and I'd be the last person to complain of any delay. I have observed one thing. When I respond to the fb given for a current thread I am at my best. Hence so long as the delay is within a week, there is no problem for me.

With regard to people entering into trance, nine out of ten cases are frauds. I used to go to an Ayyappan Poojai every year, in those days. During the pooja at least seven or eight persons would go into a trance and then burning camphor had to be shown before their faces. These people enjoyed some special privileges and soon there was an area ear-marked for this "trance guys". Many people joined their ranks until the wise Guru sami found out a method. When some one entered into trance and start dancing and shouting this Guru sami would just pull down their dhoti. If the trance is not genuine the guy will be too shocked to continue. After this "dhoti-pulling" antidote, I hear that the number of "trance guys" has come down to almost nil.

The point is not about the genuineness of a trance or esp, but about its role in our spiritual progress. Very few people are like Sharada. They could not bring themselves to give up the "God-given" powers.

I know one clairvoyant who is very powerful. Once or twice he has even helped me. But over a period of time I observed that his value system is far worse than mine and stopped seeing him. And that prompted me to write this story about 8 years ago.

But I am convinced of his powers. Once my friend was in the brink of financial disaster. He had lot of lands but could not sell them. He had virtually no money in the bank. His son got a seat in Engineering college but he did not have the money to pay the fees.

Pushed to the corner he approached the clairvoyant I was talking about earlier. This man uses a betel leaf to do his predictions. He just took 15 minutes. He said, "Your problems will be solved the day after tomorrow."

That was a very crucial day. For that was the last day for payment of fees for his son, a huge sum of Rs. 2 lakhs.

On that day a group of prospective buyers of his land walked in to his house and completed the deal. They were to register the property only a week later. But those people gave Rs. 45 lakhs in cash to my friend on that day itself.

Those things do happen.The clairvoyants are there. But at the spiritual evolution level they are just reptiles and other cold blooded animals. They need to evolve into mammals and finally into human beings which could happen only through love.

Thanks for provoking a long response from me, Kamla.I only hope you have the time and patience to read this.

Now my dear friend,please set aside 1st May 2009 in your calendar. That's going to be an important day.
    And before that we have another date on 24th April 2009.
    Till then take care.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Thank you Sridhar, for notifying me about the 6th episode in advance. I am eagerly looking forward to reading it. Your general reply was very useful too to explain away your narrating style and as to how we should go about grasping the finer aspects of the story.
    Love,
    Malathi

8. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Dear Mr sridar
    Your stories are marvellous. I have been reading all your stories starting from 'She', He, ALS and now OMG, Sorry, Please excuse me for being a passive reader and not giving any Feed back. I just get immersed reading your story and your answers to other feedback. I liked all your first 3 OMGs the 4th one I liked it but not as I like other 3 OMG, as mentioned by other readers This was a fast one. To be frank, YOur presentation of the
    stories are so nice, that always I will be able to visualise the scenes. During HE Your introduction of the Main character mr Madavan reminded me of Rajinikanth with "BGM" on my virtual screen. All your religious explanations are also so........ I do not have any words to explain. You just rewind the time machine and take us to the same era of Ramanuja and other azhwars. Thro' the eyes of ARAIYER you made us see lord himself. You are doing a great service thro' your Stories.
    Coming to OMG 4 thro' your FB to Mrs Kamla you have proved that the (MAGGI with tomato sauce) OMG 4 is not less than other OMGs Please bear with me if am very loud in explaining my thoughts. But your stories are really superb.
    Take care
    Bye
    sumisen

9. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Many of you have said in no uncertain terms that OMG 4 is not like its three elder sisters. Agreed. But I had some thing very specific to tell you through this episode. That esp, clairvoyance and the rest, though impressive on their own way is no indication of our love for God or our spiritual evolution.

Your fb to this episode were quite impressive. But what moved me was a fb by one of the ILites who had not participated in the discussion. She had nevertheless read the episode and the fb you people gave. She had not given any fb on her own.

Surprise of surprises, she told me that she is one "Sharada" and that she has this clairvoyant powers. She cited several instances where she could predict the death of a relative, or the promotion of somebody known to the family.

I was too stunned to even reply to that. And then she went on to charge me,
    'Sridhar how can you use the term 'spiritual immaturity' to describe people like me with those powers? It's not some thing we asked for and got it. In fact I find it only a source of trouble and disturbance. When you know well in advance that something negative is going to happen, you can never sleep. You can never be peaceful. You can't even enjoy your food. On the top of it you call us spiritually immature people. I never expected that from you.'

I was almost in tears. I should have been more clear in my expression. All our great saints from Sankara, Ramanuja, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had those clairvoyant powers. But they never used it unless pushed to the extreme. I used the term spiritual immaturity only to charge those people who have these powers and are exhibiting them to gain some worldy advantages like money, fame or something like that.

Never did I have in mind somebody like this ILite who do not actually want these extra powers. Who are more disturbed than being delighted about it. To consider such a rare power as a nuisance is the surest sign of spiritual maturity.

My dear ILite, please forgive me if I had hurt you. It was and has never been my intention to hurt anybody through these colums.

With Love To All and Malice to none,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks a lot Gayu. I have another story on Meenakshi, which I will post later in the series. You are right.Meenakshi is famous for her "kadaikkan parvai" which is more than sufficient to burn the karmas which we have accumulated over a million life times.

Happy to know that you side with Sharada in her crucial decision.
    Gayu, 1st May episode is pretty crucial. Please don't miss it. But the next date is on 24th April. Looking forward to see you tomorrow.
    love,
    sridhar