1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 3

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 10, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear bas,
    ithellam summa jolleykku. naan parakkaratha irunthaalum pathu varathukku omg ezuthi vachittuthaan parappen.
    neenga pannadhu kutrame illai.
    now get ready for the Friday tryst with destiny. As I have been repeatedly telling you, this one will be like Maggi, tomato chilli sauce. It's different, boss.
    love,
    boost

2. varalotti

Dear Sowmya,

thanks. You know we have many irrational rationalists in Tamilnadu who have been mocking idol worship. I have been wanting to whip them for a while and got a chance in OMG.

The mere fact that such a powerful God, the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God loves us with all His heart is sufficient enough for "pullarikkarathu" And when He shows His love in ways like this we simply melt and run like water.

Thanks for being there. The next post is due the day after tomorrow (17th April 2009).
    love,
    sridhar

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Do not worry...I know it is for jolley dhan thats the reason was pulling you down :)

I am waiting to taste this Maggie....

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear varalotti
    Sorry for the late entry. After reading the 1st part was thinking hope someone
    too could give me some cooked food.........haha
    I liked the way Arvind explained to shankar, each one of us have a different way of praying I too do not go to temples much but do pray to Lord and have faith in Him. Either you pray in front of an idol, or a photo or nothing just think of HIM without anything in front of you, as long as your way gives you peace of mind and confidence, that is important.
    It is really nice to read these stories which I havn't read them before, it is something after reading them you feel peaceful, so much direct connection between the Lord and His devotees, this is a unique love between them.
    Wow really touching story. I must still read the story of Pallandu. Will come back and read.

5. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    thanks a ton for coming in spite of your health condition. I am really moved. You are right. How to pray is one's personal taste. Some prefer a picture, some an idol and some nothing. No form of worship is superior or inferior. There was a time when I was very regular in visiting all the temples. Of late I have become allergic to crowds. And I get easily distracted (at this age.. ha ha ha) Now I prefer to chant a paasuram or write an episode of OMG. That's my form of worship.

The day I heard the story from my teacher I was floating in air for the whole day. To know that we are loved by God Himself, well there cannot be a cozier, more comfortable, more reassuring feeling than that.

I am trying to do something else in OMG 4. It will be a deviation from the other three. So stay tuned.
    Wish you a speedy recovery.
    The next date with me is on 17th April. Till then take care and God bless.
    love,
    varalotti

6. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Dear sridhar sir,
    A very nice episode depicting the kindness of the most royal emperor. Can't help sharing my story of this panguni uthram here, since it honestly reminded me of the same. We went to the New York Ranganatha temple for Panguni uthram this year after all the build-up I gave to my 3 year old son. Really wanted to watch the uthsavar coming in and the mattai adi sevai that follows. But since it was a working day and with the traffic and everything we reached the temple atleast an hour late. And to my big surprise, the festival was delayed exactly by one hour and it felt like as if Perumal was waiting for us to arrive. I felt so touched and emotional. I am trying to attach a picture I took of namperumal and I sincerely pray to him to be gifted with this darshan every year for the panguni uthram.

Thank you for yet another gem of a story !
    Gayu

Attached Files:

7. varalotti

Dear Gayu,
    It is not for nothing He is known as namperumal, our own Lord. It is impossible to even to begin to understand His love for us. To know that Namperumal waited for you and that too in New York, well this stuff is matter for another episode of Oh My God!
    And the pictures are really great, Gayu. I am thrilled to know that so much is happening in a place like New York.
    May that Namperumal protect all of us. May we always be blessed by His boundless grace.
    Thanks for joining us. And thanks a ton for those wonderful pictures.
    I was supposed to post some other episode this week. Knowing that Panguni Utharam was on 8th I posted this episode on 10th and because of that was also able to hear your story as well.
    It's all His grace.
    love,
    sridhar

8. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,

- I too believe that God is within each one of us and need not search for Him outside or in any form . But still , I have to admit that we do acquire some sort of solace ( peace ) while we see Him in any idol form . Isn’t that magical ? Have experienced so many times - especially while feeling dull or depressed .
    Arvind’s argument with Shankar is simply superb ! The example he gives is chanceless !:goodidea:
    Arayar’s love for the devotee or His love for His devotee - which is greater ? I can’t come to a conclusion :confused2:..( can you help me dear ? ) The story is highly emotional ! Enjoyed it with eyes full of tears !

I too enjoyed that scene very much ! The depth of her love is shown beautifully by the director ! Its nice that you have quoted it in your reply to sudha’s FB ! ( you are as clever as Arvind in giving examples ! Big Laugh)
    Well , Sridhar … waiting for episode 4 eagerly ! ( No doubt , that maggi with tomato sauce- eventhough I hate that dish - is going to be relishable ! The reason is : I believe in your writings ! ) :yes:
    Love,
    Indhu.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  9. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

thanks for allotting time to give a long, precious fb inspite of my making so many unreasonable demands on your time.

I remember reading a small booklet published by Kumudam some 30 years ago. That was the first time a magazine was giving an ilavasa inaippu. In that Kripananda Variar would talk about idol worship. When somebody tells him that God is there everywhere and why do we need temples and idols. Variar swami's reply was profound. Milk is there in the body of the cow. But when we want it we will have to get it from its udder. Not from its horns.

I have been wanting to place these arguments (Arvind's on idol worship) for a long, long time. OMG gave me the correct platform. Thanks for appreciating that.

Which is greater, Araiyar's love or His love? A debatable point. But at another level whatever is there is only His love. In this instance a small portion of it manifested through Araiyar and another portion of it through the novice priests who became possessed. Even to be loving we need His love.

Thanks for appreciating the Maro Charithra example. We human beings are funny creatures. When we love a man or woman, we almost go crazy. Thinking of him or her constantly, behaving in a crazy fashion. But when it comes to loving God, we lay down a time table see the calendar. If it is Ekadasi then do pooja X. If it is Friday then do ceremony Y. Is that love? Not at all. What we have for God is unadulterated selfishness which we very wrongly call as love.

When I talked about Maggi sauce in my reply to Lalitha, it's not about the taste. It's the tag line which says, 'It's different.' Now that I have unwittingly raised your expectations I am really tensed up dear. Please do pray for me.
    Thanks for keeping up the date with me. The next date is tomorrow just 32 hours and 45 minutes away.
    love,
    sridhar

10. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Beautiful to read and it filled me with devotion and Love towards the Lord.
    God's love when it comes , comes in abundance and in shades that we wouldnt even have expected.

The way Mudaliyandan could sense the expressional changes in God’s face was so touching! That shows how well he is gelled with God!

How selfless of Araiyar to go and plead to the Lord about showing His Love for Loga Saranga Munivar’s disciple.
    Lord will definitely be considerate and generous to true love and devotion and you have beautifully brought it out in words!

Thanks a lot for making me feel blessed

With Prayers,