1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 2

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 3, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

I think we two are in the same boat in many ways. I too was strongly attracted to Advaita. I have read many of Shankara's classic texts. I have read Viveka Choodamani his Advaitic treatise. I knew Nirvana Shadgam by heart.

I studied all the Upanishads only through the spectacles of Advaita. Not that I have anything against Advaita.

But after a time I started to become arrogant. I started looking down upon people. And then in 1991 Ramanuja walked into my life. I bought a book (for Rs. 50) of his life story.

Only recently I was discussing with a friend about Shankara and Ramanuja. He is a very staunch Advaitin; but it was he who made me take this project of learning the Prabandam.

He told me that during Sankara's times Hinduism was in danger. So we needed somebody with all the intellectual armoury to safeguard our fort. Or in other words Shankara laid down the road and Ramanuja happily travelled in that road.

The small miracles we discussed (both in your life and mine) are wonderful. But I am sure that the time has come for us to lift our eyes to the greatest miracle, the Lord Himself, who is inseparable from His Love.

Thanks for being there for me. The next episode will come up tomorrow evening.
    Please pray for me.
    love,
    sridhar

2. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

the pleasure is all mine, if I may say so. Thank you for giving me the oppurtunity to give my kids these wonderful treasures to carry for the rest of their lives.

L,
    Jothi.

3. varalotti

You are most welcome, Jothi. Remember we have just about 40 minutes to go for the next episode. Stay tuned.
    Love,
    sridhar

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar

All the best for your Episode 3 and waiting anxiously to read Episode 3

with love and blessings
    viji

5. varalotti

Dear Viji,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. They mean a lot to me. In a few seconds from now I will be uploading OMG 3
    thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading OMG episode 3. It is possible that a question may arise in your minds whether these stories are real. All the stories I have posted (and what I am going to post today) have been taken out from the authentic commentaries of Divya Prabandam. The commentators have quoted these stories as anecdotal references to drive home the point.

In future I am planning to include some works of fiction to drive home certain points I have in my mind. When I do so I will make one of the Sutradars declare that the work is one of fiction.

Fiction or non-fiction the underlying love is the only substance of importance to us.

I am sure of the love that resides in all your hearts. And that's why I have no hesitation in letting this third child of mine on your laps. Take care.

With Love To All,
    With Prayers For All,
    sridhar

7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear dear Sri,
    Once again the Lord has given me a push in the right direction!! I have been disturbed the last few days, your message to me today morning made me come here and open my eyes.. my mind and my heart to keep chanting narayana and believe in him like Kondi, thats all i have to do. I am praying for the little kid Nevan who is 3.5 years old and has been diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. I have been praying mostly since i heard the news. I visited him in the hospital yesterday. But reading your OMG episode 2 and 3 gives me belief that the all powerful Lord will definitely keep this child alive. For Kondi gives me hope, ramanuja gives me hope, my dear almighty in sreerangam who comes to his devotee gives me complete confidence to believe... that he is there to protect. thankyou for a wonderful episode. thankyou for giving me hope. Please do join me in the prayers. I pray for my friend to be strong to help her child through this tough process of fighting the cancer.
    thankyou for letting me use your space to pray,
    pallandu pallandu pallayirathandu...
    the meaning just blew me away, faith.. belief... asaikka mudiyatha oru nambikkai...
    more things are wrought by prayer
    Aparna

8. varalotti

Dear, dear Aparna,

If my writings can give you some kind of consolation and peace during this time, well the lonely hours I spent before the system has some meaning.

I am sure that after having heard about Nevan, all the 40000 plus ILites will join you in your prayers. To give the child the much needed remission from the disease and to give its parents the fortitude to continue the fight with cancer.

Honestly Aparna, when I hear news like this suddenly whatever I do, the work,the writing,the office, the money, our haste, the rush, the plans, the thoughts everything looks silly and trivial. I don't know how you manage to console the parents, especially Nevan's mother.

Just remember this, that He is looking at this from above and He would take care of everything.
    Fill your mind with love and that's the best way to meet the situation. It is kind of you to have come in here in spite of all these problems.
    love,
    sri