1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 14

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 3, 2009.

1. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Dear Sirdhar

The lovely soft eyes of the lion will be there with me forever. This story of Lord's love has given me much needed peace of mind. Thank you very much for that. :thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2:

Please do not apologise for not posting this earlier. It is worth waiting for .

Regards

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sowmya,
    thanks for the nice fb. Its fbs like these that are our real rewards as writers.
    When I have set a timetable myself and I do not adhere to it, the least I can do is to offer an apology. Will be offering one in the next post. Just scroll down.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

By this time I should be posting the announcement for OMG 15; instead I am posting an apology for the delay.

I have caught up in a flood of activities. I got the post ready. But could not find time to polish the language and bring out the effect. I assure you that I will be posting it on Monday morning. Till then please bear with me.

Several things are happening around me. I find God's beneficial hand always close to me. But at times I feel that what's happening is really overwhelming. So my dear friends, when you have the time please pray for me. Please pray that my mind should always be clear and whatever decisions I take should not hurt anybody.

Have a great week-end.
    Take care and God bless.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

This was a most interesting and impressive story indeed!

Dear Sridhar, you have given the story a special glow with your penmanship. So many sentences that you have penned goes straight to the heart.

I enjoyed reading about Gurukulams of yore and how they functioned. Wish they had continued to exist till today.

This story touches upon one of the most important weakness that engulfs many a shcolar, the pride of knowledge. In this case, spiritual pride. How often is it not that we come across learned men who are impatient and almost rude to those who ask the so called 'ignorant' questions?! And there are those who feel that they are somewhat superior because they delve into vedas and spiritual texts and lead a spiritual life, forgetting what actually it is to be spiritual in true sense!

The lines quoted below are gems indeed and show how much thought and love you have poured into the story to come out wish such expressions!

-The One who could not be bound by the eternal Vedas, the one who could not be bound by the immortal Devas and Rishis, the one whom the spoken word went in search of and returned empty handed along with the mind, yatho vacho nivarthanthe apraapya manasa saha, the One who is the substratum of all existence, the One who can create and destroy a billion universes before we half-blink our eyes, that Almighty, the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and the Omniscient being let itself be bound by the illiterate hunter with shoots, leaves and tree-barks.

-“Oh Mighty Animal, I can’t remain even for a second without seeing you. Will you please let me walk backwards so that I can always keep my eyes on your beautiful form?”

-If the animal had been bound by strength or wisdom it would have destroyed the bonds itself. But it was bound by the strongest ropes of the most intense love. The animal did not have heart to get out of the bond by itself.

L, Kamla
    PS: Sorry for a delayed fb.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Thank you for posting your Tamil serial "Ponmahal Vandhal" for those of us who cannot get to the book.

I read the episode and am wondering where this story is leading to. I had to smile as I read about Dr Malathi's pre occupation with her jewels. But the lady does have a problem and her recording it in cds, how else can she remember what jewels to wear when she has so much!!

I would also like to mention that I loved Shrika's fb to you and your reply to it. I am glad that our young women of today will not let pass any discriminatory remarks about women, even if they are made by the Lord Himself!!!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  6. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Only about an hour before I saw your fb I was telling an ILite that 'Kamla had not yet responded to OMG 14.' Of course I did not tell her the entire thought process which was something like this. If Kamla hadn't responded it the post should not have been up to the mark. Or she is very busy. I was naturally concered and hooked on to the net with the idea of sending you a pm. And when I opened IL I saw your fb popping up. You will live a hundred years.

Thanks for the nice words. Of all the writing assignments I am handling at present I deem OMG the most precious one. I don't attempt to write OMG whenever I have a free time. I wait till I my mind is really free and quality time commensurate with the nature of the work is available. For instance I had to discard two drafts of OMG 15 and I could not get the right inspiration for language till I was waiting for my daughter outside a Kalyanana Mandapam for thirty minutes.

You are right. Many times we are put off by the so called "learned men" who don't have patience enough to clear the doubts of the "ignorant" people. Poor souls! They think that God could be approached by a prescribed quantity of bookish knowledge, just by memorizing some sacred texts which come under different brand names - The Gita, the Kuran, the Bible, the Talmud and so on.
    I think it was Thomas Acquinas. He had written volumes and volumes about God and religion. And one day he really experienced God and His love.
    And then he wrote a single line. "Compared to what I am experiencing now whatever I have written so far is nothing but straw." And our learned sadhus think that having too much of straw could take them nearer to Lord.

I am thrilled to see that you picked up those lines especially the first selection 'The One..' as quotable text. The original source document I have do not contain this portion. Nor does it contain the Hunter requesting the animal to let him walk backwards. I did not just read the story but experienced it. If only God manifests before us whether in the form of an animal or even a known human being, this is a fraction of what we will be going through. I enjoyed the 'animal' vicariously through the hunter.

OMG 15 is going to be way different from 14. It will be on line by Monday morning IST. Looking forward to your response.

thanks once again for the beautiful fb.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    Well this story was selected by the magazine mostly because of its unpredictability. I sold them the concept of a mini serial of five weeks. Every week we will be seeing one character. This week it was Dr.Malathi. Next week...
    And in the fifth week.. well I told the magazine people in my covering letter to the full script that whatever Varalotti may write on it will ultimately end only in love.
    But in a thriller.. the editor asked me over phone. I just asked him to read the script. I am telling the same to you.
    I had to introduce this peculiar habit of photographing the jewels because the AC might require it later.

Only after reading Shrika's response I realised what I have done. If it is a statement made by any other person it's okay. Its made my the Lord Himself. At first I did not know how to respond. I meditated upon the question for two days and till that time even stopped responding to the fb.

As I signed off my response to Shrika I thanked the Lord for blessing me with discerning readers making this forum a discussion board and not a fan club.
    thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations for the new task at hand! I read the story! So, you have entered into suspense thrillers once again! Great!
    By the way, I read Srika's sincere question to you (thanks to Kamla's FB). I am yet to read your reply. Will come back after reading it!
    Love,
    Malathi

9. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

This is the first day of the week. May the loving Lord bless you with a great week ahead.

I will be posting the future chapters first thing in the morning on Mondays. I want you to begin the week being assured of His love for you. Since I have a week-end all to myself before posting the episode on Monday I am sure that I can improve on the quality of the post.

As I told you in one of my responses to the fb that I can't write OMG whenever I have time. I need to have the mind, the pre-disposition to do so. I tried writing OMG 15 when I had the time, that means when I had nothing to do. I was quite anxious because the posting date was only two days away.

But the result was not good. I had to discard a couple of earlier drafts. I abandoned all my efforts and waited for the right time with the idea running constantly on the back of my mind. I could complete the first draft only on Friday and after continuous editing during the week-end here I am posting it today.

I now feel that every time I place a child - read an episode of OMG - in your hands I am becoming increasingly anxious. Please let me know as early as possible that this child is sure to get your love and attention.

with loads of love,
    sridhar

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

When you told me that Kamla had not visited OMG 14, my thought process was also the same..I was thinking whether our queen had not approved this episode...Actually I thought of posting an fb to the queen but when came and opened the system I saw her fb and felt all was well with this part of the world and kept quiet.

Dear Kamla Queenie,

See I always tell you that a thread is not complete without the Queen's visit and here is the proof to that. So be a sweetie and come here on time.. no late visits ok otherwise our writer sir will postpone the next episode also.