1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 14

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 3, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Aruna. Yes, I too have been to Singaperumal Koil. You are right. The tempe has a unique peace and aura about it.
    That's always the case with our ancient temples. I had been to Thirumohur Temple (near Madurai) today. Its one of the oldest temples. Nammazhwar has sung about about the temple. when you stand before the main deity, Kalameha Perumal, you forget everything in the world. Such is his glory.
    thanks for the fb, Aruna.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Srividya,
    No need to apologize for the delay. This is an open forum and you can come in any time you like. When you Love God without any ulterior motive, or for that matter even when you love a stray dog without any ulterior motive or without expecting anything in return, such love is really divine.

love,
    sridha

3. varalotti

Meenakshi,
    thanks. In fact they selected the story based on just the first two episodes. But even before giving the first two I had planned all the five episodes.
    There are people who are so crazy about jewellery. Not that those people are bad. Some people collect stamps; some do photography; some read; some write and some collect jewellery. That's all.
    Will surely post the next episode on Tuesday as soon as I get the magazine.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Aparna,
    Those days Rajesh Kumar, Rajendrakumar etc ruled the roost. We cant just denounce the thriller genre. Thriller could be a matter of great addiction and these people made enormous money writing thriller. Pattukottai Prabhakar, I believe, has written more than a thousand novels. I also heard that the hindi movie Jab we met is based on his story.
    I love all the characters in this story. As every one is of a different type. Every week one character will come out. Just wait and see who comes out next week.
    I will surely post the next episode on Tuesday morning as soon as I receive the magazine.
    love,
    sridhar

5. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I just loved your answer. I have never been a person who asks for doubts even while in school, but I am very comfortable in getting things clarified with you. I get the best answers, that gives me so much knowledge. I just do not know how to praise you for being so mature and understanding about all this. You must have put in so much of efforts to gain such knowledge or you must have been born with one. I do not find any words that can describe my feelings for the reply you have given. :bowdown

6. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks. You are right. This is a rare story. Of course when you read the second part of the story you will find from where this story has been taken. I have been repeatedly telling since ALS days that the object of love is not important, the intensity and the selflessness of it is the only thing that matters. In the case of the hunter the intensity is brought out by the fact that he even skipped his food and drinks while searching for it and that he was even ready to die for that animal. The selflessness is brought out by the fact that he does not want anything in return for that love.
    What the hunter had is something quite natural. If only God appears before us and if only we are blessed to feel his presence we would be doing the same thing.

I am happy that you liked the mini serial in Tamil. It is going to come for five weeks (plus or minus one week depending on their space considerations). My idea is to bring out the nuances of one character every week. So next week you are going to see.. well... please wait till Tuesday.

thanks for the loving fb, Sudha.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

dear bas,
    thaks. I know the personality whom you are reminded of. But this is a totally different story. It is quite difficult to make any guesses right now. When I come there for the mega meet, there will still be one episode, the crucial last episode pending.
    thanks
    love,
    boost

8. varalotti

Dear Padmini,

thanks for the illuminating fb. Came to know of another sloka on the kind lord.

The demon Hiranya had imposed virtually impossible conditions for his death. He should not be killed by a man or animal. In the day or the night. Inside a building or outside it.Not by any weapon. Not by fire, water or any of the five major elements.. the list is endless.

Our Lord killed him after satisfying all the conditions. Incidentally the way in which Hiranya asked for a boon and our Lord frustrated his desire also teaches that in any case there is always a mid way. Hiranya was killed in the evening - which was neither day or nor night. He was killed neither by a man nor by an animal but by half man and half animal. He was killed on the footsteps of his palace which was neither inside nor outside a building.

Also thanks for quoting the apt kural for Sanandhana. In the next week we will be seeing the evolution of Sanandhana.
    thanks once again for the nice fb.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi Madam,
    thanks for those kind words. In fact I loved to write those books. Especially ethanai kodi. I now think that it was a precursor to OMG.
    Happy to know that your sil liked it. Happier still that they would be there when were are in your city. my regards to them.
    thanks once again.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Oh Shrika.. thanks a lot. Your post made my day today.
    love,
    sridhar