1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 10

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 29, 2009.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

OMG!! What an episode. I have not been able to keep up with OMG since the 8th episode. BOY!! Am I glad to be back. Just finished reading 8, 9, and 10.
    Arvind's love for Yamini and your narration of that love, simply superb. But sometimes it makes me wonder in this day and age this kind of love, does it exist, or is it just fictional.
    :bonk.
    Periya Nambi and Maraneri Nambi surpass each other with their love for God. God is full of love for his children. Then, the problems that we mortal souls face, is it His way of testing our love for Him, the Supreme Being.

You have given us all a glimpse of Gods own country through your narration. Though I am from Kerala, I have not had the pleasure of being in a house boat. Hope to be in one soon.I have been telling some of KGs stories to my children and they have become fans of these stories too. Thanks again for enlightening us with the love of God.

L,
    Jothi.

2. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

After reading your stories, I really wish I had someone who could tell these stories at bed-time during chidhood.. I would have had more love in me than I have now!

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear jothi,

nice to see you back after a pretty long gap. About Arvind-Yamini's love being almost fictional, well I will give you an example.

Let's suppose you are making some juice from the juice concentrate. Something like Rasna or any other brand of concentrate. You are going to serve a full glass of juice to your DH. You just taste the result. It's very diluted and therefore insipid in taste. How do you correct that? You add some more concentrate, right?
    We have moved far away from God and nature, which are the real concentrates. Our life, our love all are very diluted. My mission here is to add a whiff of that concentrate so that the old taste is restored. The old glory is brought back to our lives.
    Let's repeatedly focus on Yamini and Arvind. Yes, they might look a little odd. But that is what we need now. When I am talking about something like Maraneri's love, Perianambi's love and Manavala Perumal's love, the protoganists' love should match with those types, at least partially. That's the reason Arvind-Yamini roles are like that.
    But Jothi, true or flase, fictional or real, aren't we happy when we read about such people? Do you remember those days when your Grandma told you all the fairy tales. We were very happy then. Let Arvind-Yamini's story be also a fairy tale. Let those fairies bring not just good luck but also great love into our insipid lives. That's my mission.

Sorry, jothi. I don't buy this statement of yours. In fact we have been cheated by thousands of years by this explanation. That God is testing our love. Why should He test us? Doesn't he already know? He knew our love even before we were born in to this world. I also don't buy the explanation that God gives us troubles so that others could see our glory. Why should others see our glory?
    Then why do we have problems? Actually they are not problems but just growth pangs. Pains associated with delivering a child. Pains that are inevitable when we grow. Our ego does not let us grow to the next stage, to the next dimension. Itwants to stay put wherever it is. We also go with our ego. But God does not want us to stagnate. He therefore pushes us forward. But ego being in its own state of idiocy views that as a pain, as a problem, as disaster and communicates that to our mind. We are fooled into believing that God gives us problems.

Jothi, it is statements like this that makes me proud and also more responsible. When I think that my stories go into the making of the next generation I become extraordinarily careful in selecting the story and correctly wording it. May your children be always blessed.

Thanks Jothi. Did you read the epilogue too? Sorry for taking too much of your time with this long response.
    See you tomorrow evening with OMG 11.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

There are two things I want to tell you Aruna. Number one. I also did not know about these stories during my childhood. Though my mom, aunt and grandmother used to tell stories, they were the usual ones - about the crow stealing the vadai, or the princess being abducted by the evil magician and all. I came to know of these stories only when I was past fifty. You should be much younger than me. And in your case you have come to know these stories much earlier than me. Thank God for that, Aruna.

Second, if someone says that I would have had more love than I have now, then that person already has enough love. Only a loving heart can recognise the shortage of love. An egotistic person would only think that he has lots of love in him. So don't worry about that.
    Gear yourself up for a round of fiery arguments and another story of simple love.. tomorrow at 5 30 IST in OMG 11. Till then, take care and God bless.
    love,
    sridhar

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Sridhar sir,

Sorry if I have taken too much of your time by my questions...it is definitely not the other way round like you have mentioned.
    My statements were just mere glimpses of the present day to day life of our society. , People working in shifts do not even have time to spend with their families, with their children, their spouses. Life has become so monotonous, that love like Yamini's and Aravind's seem far from reality. But I do agree with you that love like that definitely brings happiness and smile to our lives.
    Ellarum solra mathiri.. kadavul enthaan ippadi sothikiraro...all of us would have heard this a million times.. but your insight and explanation to this age old statement does complete justice to my question. thank you so much....

L,
    Jothi.

6. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir,

I was so happy after reading your reply. I am really grateful to you for making me understand about love. :bowdown

I think yesterday was a very good day for me as I had received a very good email from my DH where I could understand his heart and his thoughts about me and our married life. I was very happy about his mail and then when I saw your reply it increased my happiness. Thanks for understanding my feelings, there are not many people in my life who understand me that well. My DH is the best one to do that and I was happy you were also able to interpret my thoughts.

You know something Sridhar Sir, you are not only writing such excellent stories, you are also counselling us to the right path of life with such wonderful suggestions. Thanks a lot for being there for us.

7. varalotti

No Jothi. You did not take too much of time. I am happy that somebody raised such deep questions. And I was able to share my thinking. In fact I wrote one whole book எத்தனை கோடி இன்பம் வைத்தாய் only to counter some popular beliefs about God, love and death.
    Actually Arvind-Yamini's love is the ultimate reality. we have moved so far away from it that it looks unreal for us.
    thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Hello Shrika,
    I feel very happy for you. These days not many husbands send an email. If at all they send a mail they don't talk about their wives or married life. You are lucky, Shrika.

Counselling is too big a responsibility. But I take pains to answer whatever questions that are raised in the thread to the best of my knowledge. If you find it worthy, then the credit should go to to that Great Love who inspired this thread.

It's 4 PM now. Just 90 more minutes to go for OMG 11 and some epilogue too. Stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,
    Today is the day of love, of devotion and of absolute surrender. Yes today is Vaikasi Visakam and is the Janma Nakshatram of Nammazhwar. I created a thread on the significance of this day and here's the link to this thread
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ls/8141-today-day-love-devotion-absolute.html

And in a few seconds from now sparks are going to fly across the room as you will be seeing a very controversial scene in OMG. OMG is more like a flowing river than a stagnant lake. At times it will be smooth flowing but at times it would be roaring like a torrent across its path in the mountainous forests. OMG 11 will be more of a second type of flow.

And there is an epilogue too. So please plan a little more time for Varalotti this week as well.

On this holy day let me pray to Nammazhwar that all of you be blessed with more of God's love. May your minds be all filled with pure and selfless love.

love,
    sridhar

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Finally read this part of OMG too but a fb for this, I think I have posted in OMG 11 before reading this itself ha ha ha ....call it a coincidence or divine play.

Wonderful is oft repeated word here in this OMG series but cannot help using the same. The epilogue took the cream...hats off too Vasini (remembered my sis who shares almost the same name...Vashini) Good questioning and a very good answer Sri..

The devotion or love of Perinambi made me dumbfounded....wish we had an iota of the same...

Great story Sri...you take us on the right path by your wonderful writings...thanks a lot for the same.