1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh! My Friend Ganesha- Tu Rehna Saath Hamesha (Be with me always)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Sep 1, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

His charisma drew people like bees to honey. Every heart that beats on this earth is secretly scared of him. I see many holding their ears and doing sit ups – a signature begging for forgiveness. For every penny earned his followers pay him something in return. You cannot describe him as a don or goon, I am not sure if his parents are aware of the collections of gold, silver, gems, money etc.. he has got in his room. He loves ‘kitchen’ like me! He is intelligent and has given his brother “Murugan’ jitters shooting solutions to problems. He is a true friend who never betrays people who trust him. He is also a judge, who weighs the pros and cons before he extends his hands to give. He is a child, who cannot wait for the modak to steam! He prances up and down your home and you can feel it in you as your heart beats faster, making you constantly watch the clock to offer “Naivedya”.

He wipes your tears like a big brother and extends his trunk to lift you from the obstacles and place you in safer zone of life. He is the indispensable king of the Gods to whom every life approaches before beginning anything new, even your daily prayers start from him!

The hints lead to the figure as “God” and it can be the one and only “LORD GANESHA”.

I was in awe of this Elephant God, a face so unfamiliar, a body that invites application from the Gym of the world, had nothing to do with the power he had.

I have friends and colleagues who have been going to Siddi Vinayak for the past 3 decades without fail! He has granted wishes of 90% of his devotees, 10% are still struggling to seek his divine interference and one of them is my friend who has two married daughters waiting to be blessed with kids. She is longing to be a grand mother for the past 12 years and Lord Vignaharta has not answered her prayers. She is 62+ retained in the same company after retirement; even today she changes train, hops, skips and runs to seek Vakratunda’s blessings on Tuesdays. We both would go together and it was fun to be with her. ( I have mentioned about her in my thread – Has Age Got Anything To Do with Friendship). I am here to tell you about the “bhakti’ she has got for the Lord. When I am with her, I ask nothing for myself, her petition is placed on the top, she is old now, God, kindly grant her a boon, let her kids be blessed with children! My hands rise high begging to seek his mercy for my friend.

I am not saint, it has risen even higher during the three years of rough patch of my life and I have turned to the only savior of my life, MY LORD GANESHA. My prayers would be loud, clear, with tears flowing down my cheeks, the burden on my head was more than I could carry, I was wobbling, but could not show my family. To them I was the rock, and I had to be! I could proudly tell Ganesha, “I am getting weaker, give me strength, give me strength”. May be my tears moved my friend – Heramba and he decided to show that he is there with me. With so many sins on this earth, even he had his restrictions. He was in my dreams where we were around 10 years old, jumping and playing around in the veranda. I had never seen myself so happy during those days, but in my dream, I was myself. Suddenly, Siddi Vianayaka tells me, “Mals, I have to go, my parents are waiting for me, the sun will rise anytime and I do not want anyone else to see me here”. I was pulling his hand and asking him to stay back, “No, Vignaraja, please do not go, stay with me, stay with me”, I was lamenting. Ekdanta wiped my tears and pointed his little finger to the clock, “Mals, it is 5.30 a.m. dear, the sun will rise, I have come here only coz, I am your friend and a friend can break rules. I am not permitted to hang around on this earth. I am going back, you also need to go to work, be assured, you may not be able to see me, but you will find me next to you at all your beck and call, I have come to assure you”, I could hear the voice fainting and my friend Lambodara diminishing from my vision. I jumped from my bed, looked at the watch IT WAS 5.30. Did God really come to see me? Was I really playing with him? Or was it just a dream? I would never like to solve this mystery till I am alive on this earth.

Another incident that cracked on me now is:

I was walking back home after office and purchase of all puja items – like dhoop, ghee, fruits, vegetables, paan supari etc had to made from Vashi a suburb away from our place which has the ONLY South Indian Store. It was past 9.00 and I had little energy left. After office, I went straight to Vashi, picked up all the items required for the puja and was just less than ½ km away from my home, that I suddenly felt someone pulling my right hand. My left hand had the BIG BAG and my right shoulder had the String bag. “Where is the sugar cane?” He asked. I was answering loudly, “Common now, I am reaching home, from where I can get sugarcane, it is past 9 p.m and the shops will close down”. He was not convinced, “I want sugarcane, return all this and get it for me, now” “Stop being adamant, I have no energy left to go back to Vashi, I am hungry and thirsty too”, “You are going to Vashi and getting me the sugarcane”. When the request started coming in again and again, I realized that I am alone and nobody is with me. Then who is the person I am talking to, who is holding my right hand, who is walking so fast with me, trying to match my steps! Believe me, friends what is saw is – A small boy in half trousers, shirt neatly tucked in, well combed hair, pair of strapped sandaks, putting long tiny steps to match with my pace. I wondered who this boy is! Quickly, I bent to look at his face and was startled to see a LONG TRUNK!. Vinayaka! Is all that I said, and the figure disappeared!

I left my bags at home, quickly had a glass of juice and rushed out in a rickshaw hunting for Sugarcane. Oh! My friend Ganesha, you have the right to throw tantrums at me!

My next experience with the Mighty Lord was explained in my thread “My Encounter with Him”.

I have many such divine encounters with him and I am happy to say:

He is my friend Ganesha!

Ōm mahāgaņādhipathaye namah

Ganapati Bappa Morya:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi ! Malsy,

That really and truly was a divine piece of writing.A very Happy VinayakaChathurthi to you.
    Yes, Ganesha is a God whom none can resist adoring and great is the consolation one derives when one seeks his blessings in times of despair .
    Your narration held me spellbound.You are so fortunate to have all these blessed experiences to guide you and bestow happiness in life.
    BTW, there is a beautiful serial in SURYA TV
    in Malayalam called Guruvayoor Kesavan.It is in Malayalam and is on every night Mon - Fri from 8.30 p.m. -9.00p.m.It is a period drama based on an Elephant . The Elephant featured in that is a delight to watch.....see if you can catch it there...worth a look see.
    It is all about an Elephant called Kesavan who belonged to an aristocratic family in Malabar and who is donated to the temple.It is set in the 1920's.

The exquisite picture of Ganesha was a real treat.I forwarded it to my grandaughter too.
    warm regards,
    PAULINA

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Good one, nice reading your words.... dear . A very happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you !!

Voh (Sri Ganeshji) hamare sathi rahenge!!

Loads of wishes..

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you too.. It was nice to see the attached photo Mals... and to read your encounter.. Mals.. nice divine writing..

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Sweet Pauli,

It was neither hallucination nor a dream, I have seen My Ganesha many times and it can run in to many pages. Just few incidents to make the writing interesting and short (anyways it did run in length).

So sweet of you to forward the picture to your grand daughter. Do tell her the picture is of DAGDUSETH Ganpathi of PUNE. One of the famous Ganesha for years and the richest like our LALBAUGCHYA RAJA.

Sweets, I have not subscribed for Tamil Channels, as I do not watch them. I have read stories of Keshav the Elephant of Guruvayoor and have seen his picture in the temple at Kerala too. I do not want to know about his last days, it hurts me.

May his soul rest in peace!

Thanks for stepping in sweets.

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

DearMals,

Lovely piece of writing dear.
    I loved to read about your experiences with Ganesha.
    You right buddy, during times of tribulations you can always look to him to give you the strength and Vignahartha is sure to bless and guide us through.

Loved your post dear .

Ganapathi bappa morya!!

Love,
    Devs

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals

I read your blog spellbound. I have no words to describe the feeling I had reading about the dream and the experience about the little boy. You are very lucky to ger such dreams. I rarely ever get dreams.

Thanks for sharing the photo of Ganeshji.

8. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hello Malspiebai,

How are you? Hope you had a lovely Hartalika today. Looking forward to my BF's coming tomorrow.

I agree Malspie, he is all in one, my BF when he listens to my chatter. My friend philosopher & guide. Oh yeah when I am angry, my boxing partner. He wins always.

When down & out, the strains of "Sukhakarta, Dukhharta" puts me back into action.

Mals, when you visit Siddhivinayak & Lalbaghcha Raja, please ask him to cast a glance of mercy on us all. I am sure he will not say no.

Love,

Corallux

P.S. Here's the bhajan in Lataji's voice (courtesy youtube)

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mals,

Your affinity,with ganesha is contagious. definitely a glance from him is going to help us through all tribulations.

If you are going to see the lalbagh raja as last year, just take my prayers along...

Ganapathi bappa moriya....

10. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear mals
    this is great, such a wonderful write up.about such wonderful experiences. GOD is great and looks after all who seek the blessings.i've had certain of my own experiences ,though not like you, but they leave you with such divine feeling for days together and any time u think of them.
    and thanks to dear corallux for the link.

HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI