1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Gosh! Gimme Something Non-nutritious

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 19, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    We are pure vegetarians. My daughters don’t like to eat vegetables. So I try to mix various vegetables and make exotic dishes. This way our interests are intact without anybody getting hurt. Last evening when I asked them what they would like to have for dinner and the answer was as expected. So I decided to tell them about my childhood!
    I lived in a joint family with a very strict granny. She would not eat or drink until she’ll have bath and puja. My mom and aunt would also not cook without having bath. And onion and garlic were just out of question and we would offer Naivedhyam to our family deity every day. Whatever was being cooked was compulsory for all to eat without making any faces. Nobody bothered to ask whether we liked it or not, we had to finish the first helping, or else my granny would shower her anger with her big- beautiful eyes: which by then would turn into two red hot buttons. They, if triggered would burn everything around! We had to eat as we were not left with any other option. When we kids said, mumma, we don’t want this, she would always come out with an ever-ready reply, kids this contains this vitamin, or protein or mineral, this thing, that thing. And we had to eat that without any complains. One day I asked her to get me something which didn’t contain any nutrition in it and she was simply flabbergasted.
    But as I grew up, I thought what my granny did then was probably correct at that time. As there weren’t as many options around to prepare and eat. But now-a-days, we cook so many different dishes with the same ingredients. So instead of forcing upon whatever is cooked, I can cook something which my kids would love to eat and I would also enjoy making and at the same time we are not compromising on nutrition. What a great combination friends!
    After hearing my story, we all just laughed out like anything and they promised me to have atleast one helping of everything I cooked, that too without making any faces and without saying, “mumma, gimme something which is not nutritious!”
    Regs J

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

haa haaa..
    kids are really smart these days..
    i have 2 kids both are toddlers... so i guess lot more is waiting for me!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hey Aparna, what a cute baby's pic!!!

Thanks dear for your response. Yes, it's a tough task to cook and feed toddlers. Moms generally loose weight while their kids grow up (without any conscious effort on their part), in the marathon of feeding their kids. Have a great time dear.....