1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Jams, Damn Traffic and Combo Offers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 8, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anita, so did you enjoy all the jam of the other kind?

2. satchitananda

Hey Mindian,

3. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha,
    Bamgaluru Traffic jams can be a real experience eh? You learn Kannada, learn about all sort of tempting offers and what not. In Delhi no one looks at hoardings. They look at the cars before them and curse (Mostly in colourful Punjabi. That way you learn punjabi easily by picking up the lovely expletives casting aspersions on one';s relationship with mother and sister).

1 person likes this.
  5. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well good musings, all of get trapped in traffice jams and well we have a hell of a time

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

I once used one very taken by one of those expletives used by a bus driver and was relating it to a relative!!!!! Of course at the age of 14 I was too young and naive to know what it meant and was told not to use it as it was very bad. Now I know what it meant and it was one that questioned the legitimacy of one's parents!!! :spin

7. satchitananda

Thanks cedantseq.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHA. learning kanada on the streets, watching ads, andletting yr mind flow eh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WEll i too have been caught many a times, missing buses , standing at the bus stop,wishing oif they could make a few seats behind the bus, where u sit and watch the traffic, for example if i was on Banglore street bus on its backside,i could watch a flustered Satchi on her scooty eh ! And these seats could be cheap, for u are exposed to the elements too, but the bus can carry extra passengers at half the price of the normal ticket ?????

Superb one, cant stop laughing, yep so many things to do in the traffic, if u cannot escape a jam, might as well enjoy one eh !HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Kamalji, that would not be a bad idea at all. We could at least have a good old chin wag, you on the open seat and me on my scooter and we could brew ideas for new snippets/blogs in the middle of the traffic jam. :-D

10. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

True Satchi.....Bangalore is the probably the worst when it comes to traffic jams. But learning kannada from number plates reminds me of my countless trips to the passport office where they announce your number in kannada. I have almost learnt 1-10.....ondu, eradu, mooru, nalaku, aidu....thanks to the passport office. Sometimes, waiting can result in knowledge enhancement !!

More than the traffic, it is the honking which bothers me. Thankfully after shifting from Bangalore, all that is past - happy to miss it !!

love,
    kylie

1 person likes this.