1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Jams, Damn Traffic and Combo Offers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 8, 2013.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear OJ sir,

I am completely speechless by your fabulous sense of humor......

My dear Satchi,

I am sorry for abducting your thread but I could not resist......

Love,
    Bhavna

3 people like this.
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey Sats,

trust you to come with something so funny, even on a horribly boring topic like traffic jam. I haven't really seen that Vespa ad for me to comment but totally enjoyed your post and the hilarious Fb's that followed:)

Oj da

I was :rotfl:rotfl at your reply.You SHOULD write A LOT, you know :)

2 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

I know patience and perseverance are two great qualities one develop when driving in Bangalore traffic. You have now listed many more of them. When you prefer to look at hoardings and the buses, I used to spend my time listening to music to calm my mind. I also used to watch a few who drive on the wrong side of the road to gain some momentum over others. I used to enjoy the capabilities of a few drivers who think quickly to find some shortcuts to escape the jam and quickly get away from the main traffic. I also used to enjoy the scooters making calculated move to go ahead of a few buses and big vehicles.

Whenever, the frustration took over and made me think that it was the traffic jam that was preventing me from spending more time with my family, I used to calm myself that it was much more important to live longer with the family than to spend more time every day.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhavna,

I am worried now about what Satchi will do to us, seeing us conversing the way we are, totally oblivious of the fact that it is Satchi's dining room we are using for our tête-à-tête. She could well let loose her half-half creature to shoo us away. So, let me use this opportunity to thank you, before it is time for us to start running for our lives!!

Love.

oj-da

3 people like this.
  5. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton Mindi. Btw, do you know where Satchi is lurking? Or growling perhaps? Watching a bunch of people singing and dancing, uninvited to be sure, in her living room can't be a funny experience. I am warily awaiting the arrival of a half-brick missile from a hidden corner of the room. Did you hide my helmet? Can't locate it.

Scare-fully yours,

oj-da

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhavana, thanks so much for your quick feedback.

7. satchitananda

Hey getstrngth, thanks so much for the FB. Your's always give me strength to keep going and to keep writing. :-D

8. satchitananda

Dear Anandchitra,

9. satchitananda

Hey Bhargavi, now you are proving to be a friend after my very own heart. Imagine making yourself really comfortable before you settle yourself down to a few new snippets. THIS is what life is all about. So hope you enjoyed the combo. :)

10. satchitananda

Dear OJ-da,

OJ-da, no fears. I was waiting to read all the feed backs before I started replying. And no, I was not growling. The more precise word would be "hooting" with laughter at all the humorous stuff I was reading. So don't worry about helmets. Did I by any chance sneak it off to wear it on my next ride through Bangalore's crazy traffic and traffic jams?