1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Beards And Burqas

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

OF BEARDS AND BURQAS
    Before somebody sees red after reading the title, let me clarify , I come here to praise the two Bs , not to damn them.

I owe it t the new Taliban rulers of Afghanistan . They have inspired this piece with their actins , banning shaving (for men of course) and enforcing the veil (for women, men have full freedom not to wear it) . Before they point their AK 47s at me or send over a suicide bomber to say hello, let me rush to reiterate that I have nothing but admiration for the two Bs which are extremely usefulo things.and am delighted that the entire Afghanistan will now start looking like Tamil TV soap

At least the male of the Afghan species will look like Tamil TV stars. At least in the showbiz, the beard has several advantages. While the versatile facial hair can make you look like a philosopher, saint, beggar, , intellectual or just p;lain crazy guy, depending on the way you style it or just leave it alone. The strange thing about Tamil TV soaps is all the ac tors style their beards the same way. So the viewer is thoroughly confusedd. How will he/ she tell the hero from villain or heroine's granddad, if everyone looks like they are ready to embark for Sabarimala?
    But look at the advantages. If you can't tell Karuppaswamy from Kuppuswamy Kuppuswamy can always replace Karuppaswamy if the latter throws starry tantrums,or vice versa. Double roles are not new on screen, no?

And praise be to burqa too. The ladies wearing them have been protecting themselves from COVID 19, long before the pandemic became the talk of the world.

According to unreliablke reports the orders on two Bs has been wellcomed enthuastically by Afghan showbiz. Now starry tantrum won't work. If bearded guyA throws tantrums, he can always be replaced by bearded guy B. No one will notice the difference/

And since all the actresses will be under veils , they cannot make unreasonable demands. If the actress in black veil acts starry, she can always be replaced by the one in re (Pick your own colour . I like red). All you have to do is to change the colour of the veil . No one will spot the difference.

Perhaps our Tamil TV soaps sjopuld tke inspiration from the Taliban. Wrap all ctressed in veils. You wouldn't be able to tell the oneswhose names are suffixed with Sri from theose whose names are suffixed with Priya (Small screen actresses cannot look beyond the two suffixes).

See how far sighted the new Afghan rulers are. Now Afghans can save money on shaving creams, after shaves , razors and what not. Of course it is win win all the way for their TV dramas and movies as their budgets would plunge instead of necklines. What a double blow for the economy and moral sirjee. !And no questioning such a wise move . You could end up shorter if you do that-- by a head.

umaakumar likes this.