October 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Active2010, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sowmya,
    The last one in this club. Hope your LO is loving the present residence! Cool inside mom! May be mom need to chill out so that little one will decide to come out & see papa too!
    Be active mom! You baby is ready to make you work harder! Awaiting to hear your delivery experiences. Stay cool!

2. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Thanks for your wishes everyone! Expecting to see my LO within a week. I will update you all with the good news soon.

3. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

All the best to you Sowmya.. :thumbsup

4. tripurakanthi

tripurakanthi New IL'ite

All the very best Sowmya.. Wish u a very safe and less painful delivery... :)

Take care
    Kanthi

5. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Soumyaa, All the best!

How's motherhood treating all the Oct mommies? Enjoy :thumbsup

Deepa

6. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Hope all mommies are busy feeding, cleaning and diapering.

I need some advice about baby's belly button. My daughter is 4 weeks old. Umblical stump has fallen off. My baby's belly button is pooping out. Whn will it go in. Should something be done to make it innie. I have been covering it with a cloth.Still it poops out. Pls advice.

Regards
    Divya

7. preetynidhi

preetynidhi New IL'ite

hello everyone....
    Hope everyone with their LO is doing well...

No updates from anyone, everyone seems busy with their LOs. Well my updates, my Little angel - Aisha is doing well, she is ditto copy of her dad.
    I would like to tell my birth story.
    As I mentioned earlier, that on 3rd of oct I visited my gyn n she did my internal check-up n that was really very painful. She told me that I may deliver my baby during Navratra. I had bleeding n pain through out the day. On 4th I felt better n returned to my routine.
    On 5th of oct , pain was started in early morning at 4.20am , but it was not very sever. I didnt tell ny-one, but coincidentally hubby was at home n he was working from home. At 11.00am water was leaking. At that moment I realized tht today may my biggest day of life. So I finished my all pending work. But my pain sudden disappeared n i guessed that my baby doesnt want come outside. At 3.45 water broke while I was watching Udaan. But there was no pain so I confused little bit n i told my MIL n DH. then I called up my OB n she asked me to come hospital but said no need to rush n I can come within nxt 3-4 hr. As we left home at 5.45pm, I started mild pain. My ob was on leave n another gyn attended me n performed an internal check-up which was very painful. At 6.20pm she gave me pain inducing injection. I didnt have regular pain but it was at the regular interval of 5min. My OB came at 8.00pm n she checked n told me the dilation was only 3-4 cm n told me that it'll take sm more time. at 10.00 pm whn my OB again did an internal check-up thn she told my tht dilation was almost full n I can deliver ny time. It was really very uncomfortable to lie down straight due to severe backache. I asked many time to Nurse tht I want sit n wanna go to loo, but she said NO very rudely n suggested me to pass urine n motion on the bad-tub (which she gave me). But I couldnt do that n thn I asked my OB that i wanna go in Toilet. She said ok but go by wheelchair . I said no n i can manage without ny support. She permitted me n thn I said I'm not able to lie down I wanna sit on chair. She said ok but as u feel tht u have to pass motion thn Reach to your bed immediately. I did same after sitting 1/2 hr on chair as i came on my bed , within 15min my baby came out.

I couldnt realize that baby was already came out at 10.45pm, I was just pushing n pushing....hehhehehe.........thn my gyn put my baby on my chest.....I was so surprised n asked her "IS it my baby...??" Everyone was laughing in labor room on my silly question. She said "yes definitely it's urs" Then I said " it is too thin" thn my OB replied " Look at you, she is ditto like you." Finally my last question "who is it...Boy or girl" she replied....Girl......................OH my little angel was in my arm.
    Then pediatrician took my angel for cleaning n check-up.

But 40 min after delivery was worst time of my life while OB put stitches. She gave me 1 anesthesia injection which didnt work thn again she gave 1 more anesthesia which also didnt work. thn gave me stitches witout ny anesthesia.....OMG......it was too painful.....
    But after cleaning of baby whn I saw her again.....It was one of the most beautiful time of my life ...........but my angel was having problem in breathing thats why her pediatrician kept her in NICU for observation.....for 12 hrs...

But during my delivery My DH was with me in labor room. He didnt want to stay bcos he didnt want to see me in pain. But My OB asked him to stay n took his help also during my delivery n asked him to hold my one leg...he was more nervous n tensed more than me..............heheheheeeeeee............But he supported me a lot n took a very good care of me.............I realized he is the best hubby,.........

I would like to mention my gyn name - Dr. Vijaya....She is very nice doctor n human being as well....she is very polite (usually gyn are not so polite to their patients.) n very supported n took care me like a family member. I was not willing to have nything just before delivery bcos of pain....she made me drink juice with her hand like a mom.....n after delivery said to my hubby tht ur wife is very strong. I' m highly obliged you ...............Dr. Vijaya thanks a lot.....n luv u.....May GOD bless u.......

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on Aisha's arrival. Enjoy motherhood.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Preetynidhi,
    Thanks for sharing your birth story with us. Post delivery questions are nice. Hope your DH didn't realize those questions!
    Enjoy motherhood!

10. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Congratulations preetynidhi! Wonderful to read your birth story. Hope others will share them too.

Hello ladies!

I delivered my baby on the 3rd of Nov. It was a normal delivery and baby is doing fine. We named her Akshara. She is so precious and it feels wonderful to hold her in my arms.

Here is my birth story. I went past my due date (Oct 27) and my LO was 1 week overdue. The birth was an unforgettable experience. Pain started in the middle of the night on Oct 31st and it stopped after 7.30am. I spoke with my midwife that day and she said our bodies sometimes have animal instincts and animals don't deliver during day light. She expected the pain to start that night again and may be do this for a day or 2 before I actually go into labor. She advised me to sleep during the day incase labor starts again that night. It started again Nov 1st night and lasted the whole night, we started timing them, it started coming closer, we were really excited thinking this might be it but the pain completely stopped after sun rise. Nov 2nd night pain started again and it was intense that night. Having already spent 2 sleepless nights, it was the 3rd night with contractions and timing them. We were asked to come to the birth center by 5.30am on Nov 3rd. It was so cold that morning and even with a thick jacket I was literally shivering and my whole body was shaking while walking towards the car. We reached by 6am and I delivered my baby at 9.37am. When my midwife placed my baby on me, it was incredible to see the little life that was growing inside me for the past 10 months.

It was a natural birth without epidural or any other interventions and it was all worth it. But after the birth I had to the go to the hospital for stitches. When I got up to walk to the car, I passed out for a few seconds because of heavy blood loss before they rushed me to the hospital and I was given epidural for stitches because I had a 3rd degree tear. My LO came out having her hand by her head, so the tear was pretty deep. Other than the dramatic rushing to the hospital in an ambulance, it was a totally satisfying birth as I had expected it to be. I was free to move about, I even sat in hot tub during the most intense transition period before pushing the baby out. I really wanted to do a water birth but I couldn't push the baby in the tub and my midwife asked me to come out and let gravity help. But I'm glad everything worked out well and went as I wanted it to be.