OCI card holder and entrance exams in India....Pls respond...

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by amnice, Mar 21, 2013.

1. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

Will a child having US citizenship and being a OCI card holder, and having done 9th,10th,11th,12th grades in India, in Indian schools, be eligible to appear for the various entrance exams like engg, med etc., in India??

2. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

IN Kerala Engg entrance, its allowed. The final fee structure will be costly for such OCI holders.

Most of the Entrance exam Applications are invited and closed also. Please be specific to which state your child wants to study?

3. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

I want to know about Andhra Pradesh state engg/med entrance exams? Please respond...
    Also please let me know if she is allowed to appear for IITs, IIMs and other professional college entrance exams. Please give me a link if you know of....

4. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

dear op,

your child is allowed to sit for any entrance exam for any course in any state of india.

an oci is an, overseas CITIZEN OF INDIA, he or she has any right like any other indian except voting right or the right to buy an agricultural land.

if he/she qualifies then the fee you will pay will be the same as any other indian resident student.