1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ocd Sister

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Rojagarden, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Rojagarden

Rojagarden Platinum IL'ite

Oh no. Can’t imagine my spouse nagging me all the time. I’d have gone mad. Thanks for that perspective!

From my spouse’s perspective, I’m the clean freak nagging him all he time to clean and organize his things:D

anushri likes this.
  2. Rojagarden

Anushri, you think just like me. We could be friends:beer-toast1: Yes I try to tell my sister the same. She doesn’t get it. She thinks I don’t get it (about cleanliness):thinking:

anushri likes this.
  3. Rojagarden

Wow neenga romba porumaisali:clap2:
    Thanks for the perspective and suggestion.

candidheart and senorita2019 like this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

OP- Next time , she visits and tells you to clean up or live an organized way, just tell her that you should have meet ups at her place instead. She is probably lecturing you out of concern / her habit/ love for younger sibling , but yes, it gets on one's nerves after some time. Try meeting up at her place most of the times , if possible.Or when she comes over to yours and points out the mess , ask her to help you out in cleaning.And you will end up having a cleaner place.

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:
    Yes even I have seen some cleanliness freaks who dedicate most of their time only in cleaning. I wonder their source of energy .
    I remember a movie in Telugu - Mahanubhavulu , in which hero has OCD and it’s such a comedy movie :facepalm:.

Here is a funny video in Telugu.
    It shows how the wife is suffering due to her OCD husband :yum:. To such an extent where she is seen cleaning her hubbys watch strap!! Hilarious :tongueout:

6. cur123

cur123 Senior IL'ite

7. cur123

cur123 Senior IL'ite

@friendabc very good response . your ideas were very very good .

friendabc likes this.
  8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP

IS your Sis really an OCD, just because she is organised and keeps her sink always dry if she is one then I also come under the same category and I always thought this is normal, I understand you want to live your life but if your home is neat and organised your life will be much more better after all we all love to be in a better ambiance.

OP, keeping the sink with full of uncleaned vessels will definitely attract more bacteria and which is not at all advisable, getting the little advise of keeping it neat and hygienic doesn't sound like a problem at all to me.
    I am always inspired by people who maintain their houses spic and span and at the same time sympathize or get demotivated by people who think cleanness / maintaining hygiene is not that important and they are living life their way.
    In a smaller note may be your Sis is just encouraging you to be more organised if I were your Sis I would do the same

sindmani likes this.
  9. vijayan13680

vijayan13680 Bronze IL'ite

pLS TAke your sister to counseling . She needs professional help with ocd.

Else this keeps increasing.

If you are in blr, you have a few free centers here where you can visit . Not sure of other places