1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 17, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

2. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Its soo true...I had gone through enough and almost was on verge of ditching my dreams.
    Me and DH were aspiring to become oracle consultants, both of us together put all the hard work, time to finally be an expert consultant, oracle certified. But when it came to offers and projects, he could make it easily and I was ruthlessly dumped. Reason being I would be married anytime, so wedding leaves, pregnancy n maternity leaves..one after the other and can't travel extensively like guys do...
    Finally I thought enough was enough..gave up all that for sometime..got married happily and then took up something compromising here and there..Phew!
    Now if u ask me if am satisfied and happy with what am doing..BIG NO!
    In sometime will throw all that off, be happy at home baking, singing, gardening, designing or would love just go as a play school teacher happily singing rhymes and dancing with tiny tots. Seriously...

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

Parineetha, I remember when I went to get admission to M.Sc microbiology (partly by research, partly by papers) in Pune, the person in charge told me it is a long course compared to the usual 2 year course and I had to get married and refused me admission!

We live in a country that boasts of having taught the world everything the world knows and of being better than all other countries and planets put together, but sadly this attitude!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Sorry Akila, missed your reply. They should be grateful to all of us "unemployed" people for not taking away their job. They have got the opportunity to make that money instead of us!

5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Yes madam, I agree with your last words! Yes ! shut your mouth I am busily
    unemployed. I always said to my mother 'you got a job without any retirement. We
    will beg you to stay on your job.' She said yes no matter what I will have my job even
    if world goes jobless. That is motherhood. Nice job!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Good one.
    Even today I was telling my husband how happy I am being a housewife.
    Time is at your beck and call and you are your own boss.It is truly blissful.
    When the world around us is looking for material happiness nice seeing a post like this.
    Thanks for posting .

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Hi Pantu,

That itself would have been your mother's reward, the earning of her lifetime - the simple (no it is not so simple seeing how few people recognise this fact) recognition of the worth of your mother's hard work.

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Dear Kanaks,

While we all need money and we have to also admit that we are in a position to say this because our husbands earn enough for us to afford this luxury, I also see a lot of people, no matter how much money they have, they still keep killing themselves to make more money. If they were just working for the pleasure of it, then it is great. But how many women who don't really need to, kill themselves working outside only to prove a point and have to bend backwards to prove themselves to be good wives, mothers and dils? Why? The need for social approval. Time women learn to recognize their own worth and be confident about their contribution to society.

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Sorry Balajee, I seem to have missed replying to your post though I had read it. I totally agree with you. Proof of this lies in the fact that the Forbes report has ranked India as no. 111 out of 156 on the happiness index. Very telling isn't it in the face of all the chest thumping claims of India being on the upward trend in terms of economy and what not!

I still remember a cousin who lives in the US asking me in what way I contributed to the GDP as if that was the only way one could contribute to one's society and country! I was reminded of that when you mentioned the GDP.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Satchi dear congratulations for the nomination. What I meant to say there is every post of yours is worth nomination. You narrate so well and your threads are awesome.

Some have to work for money and some for pleasure. I had also to work due to financial problems. I used to think how I will spend my time sitting at home after retirement as I was used to working and everyday new experiences while working

People who work envy the people at home thinking they are enjoying more than working people and people who are at home think that working people are better because they are out whole day , everyday they can dress up well and need struggle at home, maid is there to take care of the house and the children but they dont understand that how worried the working woman will be thinking of their children whether they are taken care properly by the maid. When I was working my neighbour ladies were not working but sometimes they used to pass sarcastic comments. My husband used to come earlier than me and finish the work for the evening. So after coming home I used to rest for sometime. Seeing that they used to say you are lucky, also seeing him helping me they used to envy me. Also working woman have to face their bosses, they have to be in time in office , complete the work in time, sit late etc. etc.

Now after retirement I enjoy each and everyday as I get rest and due to modern technology able to keep in touch with my children and friends. I am also able to learn new recipies, do jewelleries and share withfriends and relatives . Earlier I used to feel how I am going to pass my time but now there is no time and dont know how the time passes. Only some days feel low as I am missing my children .

Noone is unemployed, each one is doing something or other and looking after the family is a great job especially senior citizens who take care of the grand children when the dil and son go to work.More than working in the office we feel so happy doing our house work and taking care of the family and fulfilling their needs

1 person likes this.