1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 17, 2014.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    What all I wanted to write everyone else has written and I fully agree with you and all of them.
    One more incident I came across......My friend has a baby and she resigned her job( office job) for a couple of years to take care of the baby. When later she started applying for jobs the interviewer asked her to explain why there was a gap of two years in between. She told that she was taking care of her baby and hence the gap. Then you know what that man said...."No, we cannot take that a relevant reason!"
    She did not get the job and got somewhere else. That is a different question. This incident happened in USA and not in India!
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That's a really nice way of thinking of it Parineetha, but the fact remains that I don't do all those and have plenty of help at home. So I don't honestly qualify for the position of "housewife". Yes, some of the roles I do play besides all my other virtual activities. Yes, I do handle the labour ministry, Ministry of Nutrition and Ministry of Food Supplies. :-D

3. satchitananda

The problem GG, is that like I said to Parineetha, I am not even a full fledged homemaker in that there are a lot of props. So even if I am occupied enough to keep me out of mischief, people generally wonder what I do sitting at home and think whatever I do can only be non-productive.

1 person likes this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

S' tell them you are a writer and entertainer in IL :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi true happiness is the true wealth we have. We should judge an economy by the collective happiness quotient of the people and not by the Gross Domestic Product.

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Hi Shanvy,

7. satchitananda

My dear Cheeniya Sir,

Your reply has really given me good reason for a laugh. I share your contempt for lizards whole heartedly. Give me 50 cockroaches, but a lizard!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Now I genuinely believe that the Rs. 400/- was very well earned for tolerating the presence of those creepy creatures all over the place. After all tolerance is a virtue that should be rewarded, isn't it? :-D

Now you were one of those people who (in your own words - not mine Sir :rotfl) was unemployed but lucky enough to be paid for it. But you couldn't have been unemployed if you breathed and ate, and watched and counted lizards. Even that was an activity.

Absolutely Sir, couldn't feel more strongly about it.

8. satchitananda

Hi Quebecji,

This is like ..... kind of ..... ummm ..... so sweet! Thanks a ton buddy!

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHA . now that is some blog and that is some answer, that u get paid in happiness.

Also if someone were to ask a mother, what did she get by being a mother, the same answer, happiness , it would be eh ! Why is everything calculated in terms of money? Can motherhood, takign care of the family, child, educating yur child , be in terms of money ?

A deep blog, lightly told ina delightful way.Class.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Dear JS, finally it boils down to a question of labels, doesn't it? You know, I am now faced with the reverse problem. Whenever I have to fill in an application and have to talk of my occupation, I am faced with a million dollar question. What do I write? I teach on contracts whenever I feel upto it. So I am a language trainer, but not all the time. So I could theoretically say "free lancer". But then that is also so seldom. Then talking of being a housewife/homemaker, I really don't do all that I believe homemakers do. They do so much, where as I hardly do a fraction of it. Maybe I could have said this for myself a decade ago. So now I sometimes put "unemployed" in the column because it seems more honest to me in terms of the "widely understood" meaning of the term. Though frankly, I am absolutely contented and happy where I am today and would not want anything to change.