1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessed mil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by happylife, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

The best thing is ignore and forget and stand up.Don't keep thing inside of you and keep on worrying those which will spoil your health and spoil the family happiness.
    If you think you are not able to take your MIL anymore and your husband doesn't do anything about it just walk away from that house and go to your FIL where he lives or to your parents house.You need to do something to chage them.
    Try to engage yourself in someother things.Regular exercise or yoga will give lot of strength for each person.Involve yourself in some activites and divert your mind.

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Again a ditto for my life :hide:.................. thankfully DH agreed to place them in creche before my inlaws arrived.. they reluctantly agreed on call.. if they were here it would have been impossible.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes
    Even I feel your MIL has some strange problem, how can she ever change her clothes in front of her son even though he is sleeping, they may be mother and son but I know how a mother should behave once the son reaches his teen, and here he is married and having a kid, and another point is she has closed the door means she does'nt want u or ur little one c her changing but never mind her own mature son.

I think u should consider again regarding returning to India, why not stay for some more years happily without all these problems.

4. happylife

happylife New IL'ite

If we plan to stay here some more time she is going to plan her visit here soon and that too for long. Her visit will be for 6 months and it is not less than any torture. She can not go out, dont have people to talk to and only one person thats me to take the frustration out:bowdown
    My husband gets busy with work and never really cares whats going on with the people.Even I dont want to stress him more as the work pressure is too much and mil blackmails him emotionally !
    As of now they are expecting us to come back so there is no demand to book the tickets for them to come here. I am in hell both the ways.
    My husband can not say NO to their demands and wishes. They never expect anything from other son. They are not dependent on anyone and nobody has to give any kind of money to them and are in good shape. Still there is lot of harassment