1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Obesity - Do's and Don't for Obesity

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by shilakanchan, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ashwiniramesh

ashwiniramesh New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing,
    whatever i listen tips about obesity is just good to read and listen , but couldn't resist when i see fried items and non veg. The main thing other than knowing the tips is to have strong determination to reduce weight otherwise it is all fairy tales.
    Sorry if anybody is hurted from my fb

Regards
    AshwiniRamesh

2. yogini68

yogini68 New IL'ite

Hi Shila,

Your message regarding Do's and Don't for Obesity is excellent but I personally don't agree to one point where you state that
    'Do not eat your breakfast as this is an unhealthy habit and leads to obesity'.

My message to all is after 8-12 hours overnight without food, your body needs to refuel its glucose levels. With no breakfast, your brain and your muscles will not have the energy to sustain

Research has found that people who skip breakfast are almost twice as likely to be overweight and often feel more tired, irritable and restless in the morning.

Hence everyone should eat a healthy breakfast, one with protein, whole grains and fresh fruits if possible.
    As the saying goes one must have a nice breakfast, have lunch like a king and dinner like a pauper.

Believe me having breakfast improves overall nutrition, improves ability to concentrate and improves ability to control weight also.

Hope you all agree to what I say.....:)

Request feedback from all IL members......

Regards to all

Yogini

3. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Shila,

Good post ! But I agree with Yogini skipping breakfast is not a good idea. Morning breakfast is very important meal of the day, Lunch should be moderate & dinner should be light.

veen

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hello good one...
    i feel breakfast is the most imp meal of the day...

5. rifa

rifa Senior IL'ite

Hi!

Excellent tips. But skipping breakfast is not a good idea!Anyways It will defiintely benefit all of us if we follow these rules.Thanx a lot.

Love,
    Rifa

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Its my understanding that three meals and two snacks is best. I have tried to follow the habit of smaller meals but eating five times and although I have not done it for weight loss, I sure feel so much better doing that. You have no low points in the day due to low blood sugar.

A nutritionist neighbor in Delhi who works in a weight loss program in a hospital told me that Indians who wish to lose weight need to increase protein consumption and decrease carbohydrates. She said that the high carbohydrate consumption in the Indian diet are carryovers from prior times of much greater physical work/activity. She said those who have a lot of physical activity should keep the carbs.