1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obama wouldn't the racial intolerance shock MLK?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your thoughts nb25. If a few incidences make many so emotional, imagin how emotional the police force will be especially when the colleagues lose precious life on routine calls. Let us respectfully agree to disagree.

Viswa

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

As said by Viswamitra, it is gun culture, police deals with the Mexican drug sellers, down town area fights , police thinks if suspect moves his hands, they think he is going for arms.

few years ago, In Detroit , police dept requested all city people to give their guns to them. In news showed, big no of guns were shown in the news.

In my belief, Obama has racial, culture tolerance. He supports humanity actions but he uses his power to protect US.

troops were called back from Afghanistan, there is a govt after that. he didn't start a new war in middle east countries.

3. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Obama couldn't afford to start a new war.. Already 3-5 trillion dollars wasted on two useless wars in Iraq and Afg.. and chinese are not ready to lend uncle sam more money..

4. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Are you saying a policeman's life is more important than an ordinary citizens? That they are justified in taking away someone's life, without fully confirming if those people deserve to die? I can't agree with you there. It is not about being emotional. It is about being responsible.

Calling my views unrealistic like you did was unwarranted and not very respectful.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

nb25,

Since when saying "let us be realistic" considered disrespectful? Is your statement that training is not going to be useful or what is essential for someone to work in any job, disrespectful to me? Can I infer that police force life is less important from your first statement above? Certainly not. It is just a disagreement. Please read my previous comment in this post. At no point of time I said killing or hurting an innocent citizen is justified nor I said policeman's life is more important than an ordinary citizen. I am against police using excessive force than necessary especially to innocent citizens.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Are we responding this way just because he is an Indian. Will our response would be the same if the man was from some other country? May be a man ISIS country?? thinkingsmiley

7. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

I think a man's life is important. Hence the response. My response quite clear.

8. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Would request every one to follow the forum etiquette, and not quote anyone else's posts, or address them by name. We may different opinions on what is rude, but at least the older members should remember the rules for posting.

9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Actually this constant police bashing in media is totally irresponsible. The media is very biased and reports selectively to get maximum rating.

In US actually, most policemen and women are very polite and professional, in my limited experiences/ interaction. I respect the fact that they have to do a difficult job often putting their life at risk.

That being said, no doubt, there are the rotten apples in this profession just like in any others. Is there any profession where 100% of the people are competent and carries their duties efficiently? To say all policemen use excessive force or are racially biased is completely incorrect. Coming to racial bias, who is not least bit racially biased among us?

3 people like this.
  10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

The right wing crack made me smile :) Take time to listen to a "left wing" station or channel like MSNBC/ NBC and one will be equally outraged unless those corresponds to one's views.

I don't have a stake in either party as I prefer not to blindly vote along party lines but crazy out- there views are not the specialty of one party.