OB&Gynacologists in Chennai

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by pinky2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: Gynaec in and around Thiruvanmayur Chennai ...

Dunno why, but everyone says that of Isobel. DH's colleagues had a child there, it was a vaginal delivery. They did some funny stuff like take a normal child and put him in NICU for no reason, till the father asked for an explanation. Very grumpily, they returned the child to the mother LOL. Not Fun!
    Are you talking about Seethapathy Clinic at Royapettah High Road, it is close to Isobel, 1 km may be. How about VHS. Another place DH's friends had a baby. The lady had very good things to say about their nursery.
    Or Kalyani Hosp. Dr Geetha Arjun also has quite a good reputation.

Lemme see if I can send it to you without putting it on the forum, if I cant I will post it here. I am just superly jobless, so I am bound to be hanging around the forum a lot LOL. Also, the women here have great advice.

2. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

Thanks a ton! I am sure getting in touch with you will be great fun... and ofcourse very useful..

You know after taking this leave I hardly get to my laptop... just started feeling office was a better place to browse... hopefully by boss is not reading this :)

I have been feeling very tired and sleepy with a vomitting/uneasy sensation the whole of the day and mostly in the evenings (that is the only time I am awake though!)...
    I have an appointment this saturday and so was wondering if I need to consult other options before that...

Do you have any suggestions on taking leave at this period ... I have been on leave since 1st of this Oct and have been taking complete rest ... but how long will this feeling be and when can I get back to work??

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I was on leave for something like 4 days, I could not stay off work either LOL. here is another suggestion. Why dont you get a second opinion from another doctor and see who would you rather see the lady at Isobel or the other doc? Can you IM me at krithi74 on yahoo.
    I dont check it regularly, but i will pass on my mail id there. take care and good night

4. blindwreck

blindwreck New IL'ite

Looking for a good gynec near anna nagar

Hi all,

This is my first pregnancy and am into my third month. I stay at arumbakkam and will be moving to my parent's house in villivakkam by the 7th month. For convenience i'm looking for a good gynec in and around anna nagar area. I had my first consultation with dr. shantha of sundaram medical foundation but we are not very pleased with her (she hardly smiles and did not make me feel comfortable and relaxed!!). To say the least, she did not even suggest me the kind of food i should be taking, and other such important info i require from a doc, esp bcos its my first preg. I'm looking at changing my gynec now itself so that i wont have to shuttle around after that. Kindly suggest me some good gynecs around anna nagar and which hospital (with good facilities and service) who can be really supportive and has good records. Will be grateful if anyone can guide me. Thanks a lot in advance :)

5. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Re: Looking for a good gynec near anna nagar

Hi,

Congratulations for your pregnancy.

I can suggest one gynaec in Annanagar, her name is Dr. Prema and she visits Senthil Nursing Home (not sure about the timings), but anyhow she is running her own clinic also in her residence. It is next to GRT (the new showroom in Anna nagar). You cannot miss the clinic at all. If you have any doubts, you can enquire in the nearby shops, they will guide you.

She is damn good and well experienced too. But dont expect her to pamper you, she is bit curt but very knowledgeable. The main advantage with her is she never recommends C-section unless it is really necessary. YOu can be rest assured if you leave everything with Dr. Prema, i can vouch for that.

In fact, my in-laws place is in anna nagar and currently staying in sharjah. So I personally know her. She is really really good, just visit her once and you will it by yourself.

All the best for the safe & healthy pregnancy.

Luv,
    Sangi:thumbsup

6. blindwreck

blindwreck New IL'ite

Hi sangi,
    Thanks a lot for that suggestion. I have seen this senthil nursing home... will check it out too. Will be helpful if you have her contact no so that i can fix an appointment. Thanks again :)

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Let me check whether my hubby has got the number. You can even call Senthil nursing home and ask for her clinic number. I will get back to you the moment i get the number.

Luv,

sangi

8. blindwreck

blindwreck New IL'ite

Thanks a lot... truly appreciate your immd response sangi :)

9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dr.Shantha is a little like that,doesn't smile much,but she is very good..I had my first delivery there and the hospital,the doctors all under her and even the nurses are very capable.Well,that was 6 yrs back thou!! She is also the no-c-section type,that's an added bonus.

10. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi,

I agree with Sangi, when i was pregnant(4 yrs before) i went to Dr. Prema, she was bit rude i personally felt. So i changed her, and went to Dr.Lakshmi in SMF and ended up in c-sec without even trying for normal. As it was my first one, i just didn;t wanted to take chances.

So from my experience don't judge how they answer/talk to you, judge them with their experiance.

GoodLuck!
    Sunitha