1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

OB/GYN info required in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Indians in Columbus' started by neena001, Oct 19, 2009.

1. neena001

neena001 New IL'ite

hi, We have just relocated to Columbus,OH.I hv also discovered that i might be pregnant (1 month) :). Was hoping to get info about good ob/gyn doctors here. Looking forward to your replies

Thanks in advance
    God Bless!

2. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Neena

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to Indusladies.

I went to Comprehensive Womens Care ( CWC ).There are 3 or 4 doctors in this clinic. I saw Dr.Anita Somani when I was pregnant and she was very good.

Hope this helps.

Sulakshana

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Where are you in Columbus?Depending on that,you could choose an OB/GYN. I went to Dr.Dennis Cebul with Associates in Central Ohio OB & GYN,495 Cooper Rd,Westerville,OH.With 35 yrs of experience,he is one of the best and a very pleasant doctor to deal with.

4. neena001

neena001 New IL'ite

hi , Thanks Sulakshana and Sunitha for the replies and suggestion. I have set an appointment at CWC only yesterday .. was a bit dubious making this decision without anyone to guide us. Thanks a lot for the timely reply.

We are based in Delaware. How did ur pregnancies go? was it smooth ride throughout ? Where are you both based at?

By God's Grace, I am not having any morning sickness, Nausea or the likes. Its been a pleasant ride up until now except for feeling tired and exhausted! I am both eager and tensed about first appointment at 8 weeks.. Understand from certain posts here that I can make a list of all queries to the doctor. I am clueless on what all to be worried about... Could you let me know what all questions you raised to the doctor

Thanks in advance

5. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Neena

Good to knw that you have set an appointment with CWC. I was also in your position when i conceived the next month after moving to Columbus, ohio from New Jersey in November 2006. I didn't have any friends here to refer me to any doctor. So I googled and found CWC and set an appointment with them thinking that I can always go to another one if am not happy with them. Luckily I liked them so much in my first visit itself.

Reg my pregnancy, It was a high risk twin pregnancy, delivered healthy twins one boy and one girl in August 2007. I had very bad nausea and vomitting till the fourth month, after which I started to feel better. Bt then also i had it sometimes till the last month till I delivered. Good to know that you dont have nausea or Vomitting . I wish you continue like that only till you deliver.

I am located in Polaris area, so had no problems commuting to CWC. I Am sure it is quite a lot of distance for you to commute to CWC from Delaware. But I dont mind travelling a bit if the doctor is good.

Regarding questions to doctor, am sure you will be having your own list. Be sure to ask them about Prenatal vitamins ( am sure you are taking one ) ,diet, exercise etc . Also they will take blood work, pap smear test, urine test when you go for ur first visit.

All the best for your appointment .Take care and eat healthy.

Sulakshana

6. neena001

neena001 New IL'ite

Hi Sulakshana,
    Sorry for the late reply....
    Well... I also seem to have caught up with the queasiness of pregnancy.My normal days are all over and I seem to have developed a hypersensitivity to smells. :-( and almost am at the verge of throwing up (no vomiting) whenever i see food... I hope things settle soon..

wow.. Congrats on your twins.... I have always admired twins specially boy girl combo... How are they? are they keeping u on ur toes?

Now completing 7 weeks and eagerly awaiting doc appointment...

one tricky question: does a papsmear hurt? ;-)

tia

7. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Neena

So you also got MS (Morning sickness ) as they call...Do not worry, it will go away after the 12 or 13 weeks.

My kids just turned two, they are so naughty and as u said they keep me on my toes always...

Papsmear test will not hurt , but the first timers can get little uncomfortable during the test.Take care and give an update after your appointment. All the best.

Sulakshana

8. neena001

neena001 New IL'ite

Thanks Sulakshana.. will keep u posted...

9. neena001

neena001 New IL'ite

Hi Sulakshana,

Sorry for the delayed response.. MS has indeed caught up with me and keeping me very busy!
    My doctors appointment was a breeze and I met up with Dr Mini. She is young (should i be worried? ), was very friendly and completely put us at ease. everything was just fine and yes we got to see the first scan .. baby looked nice and we listened to heart beat as well....:)

I am waiting eagerly for next appointment...

I have always wanted a twin boy-gal combo and was hoping that the doc wud say so considering my increased tummy size! (all due to gas and bloating!).. guess next time, i mite get lucky!!

where did u deliver? was it at Riverside or Mt Carmel? Riverside seems to be the closer option but m quite impressed with brochures from Mt Carmel.. what wud u suggest? I was also asked to shop around for Paediatricians? Looking forward to hearing from you
    tia
    Neena

10. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Neena

It was nice to see your feedback, I thought you would forget to do it since MS can make you feel tired...I knw how hard it could be for you to wait to see your baby till the next ultrasound...

Dr.Mini Somasundaram is also a very good ob/gyn, You do not have to worry that she is very young,she is equally experienced I would say. Dr.Mini and I were pregnant with twins at the same time, but she delivered her twin girls when she was 32 weeks along, i remember ,whereas I delivered only at 37 weeks.

I delivered in Riverside Methodist hospital only, though it was far away from where i am staying I chose that hospital because they said that the Neo Natal ICU there is level 3 NICU . Since I was carrying twins they asked me to consider that NICU thing as a main thing. So I chose Riverside, also I went for maternity tour to both the facilities and felt that Riverside was much better.

Pediatricians, you still have time i think, when is your due date? If you are thinking of going to a Indian doctor, then it should be Dr.Gaglani. So many of my friends see this doctor. She is pretty much busy and experienced, you have to check whether she is accepting new patients.But for me since it was twins My maternal fetal clinic suggested some other doctor who was really experienced with twins and premies , one Dr.Joanne Royhans from Olentangy pediatrics. She retired from practice now, so I started seeing Dr.Brian from the same practice. I thought of switching to Dr.Gaglani , but i was feeling comfortable at olentangy pediatrics itself. So I didnt change.

I also have an appointment at CWC on Nov 30 for a wellness visit, after I gave birth I did not go for yearly exams. So this time I should make it...:)

Take care,eat healthy and stay in touch. Hope you have joined in the other forum of expecting mothers/due date clubs. There you can be in touch with other expecting moms ,share your feelings etc....

Sulakshana