1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

OB/Gyn in North of boston, ma

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by sridas, Jul 17, 2010.

1. sridas

sridas New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

We are planning a move to boston area..well north of boston actually. we haven't finalized but we are planning to be in woburn/wilmington/burlington/andover/danvers. I'm in first trimester and want to pick a obgyn before the actual move. so that I can continue my prenatal visits without any break. I've got some help from IL on moving to boston area but not so much on obgyn. any of you ladies living in the above or nearby areas, could you please suggest a obgyn for me.
    Also I have read that the hospital (I'm a first time mom) where you are going to deliver is also equally important. so any thoughts/suggestions on a good hospital will also be helpful.

Finally, is it better to rent an apartments from a complex or from a part of the house?? we are leaning towards renting part of a house.

Thanks a lot in advance
    -Sri

2. aparna010

aparna010 New IL'ite

Hello Sri,

Renting:

From my experience renting apartments in an apartment community is better. They have good maintenance and all service calls are completed quickly. There are a lot of good apartments in the areas you mentioned.

OBGYN:

There are a lot of good hospitals in Boston, you dont have to worry about that. Choose a OBGYN that has an office in the suburbs(North of Boston) but will deliver in Boston. Good hospitals are - Brighams, MGH and Beth Isreal Deconess Medical Center. I have heard from several people that the OBGYN in Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in Burlington, MA is good.

Hope this was of some help!

Bye,
    Aparna

3. sridas

sridas New IL'ite

Hey Aparna,

Thank you so much for your reply. After some thought and research we have decided to get an apartment in a community. we visited boston to look at some of the apartments and finalized on Kimball court, as it is very close to my husband's work place-about 3 miles.

Regarding the obgyn, I haven't yet got around picking one. We wanted to finalize the apartment first. In this case I'm going ahead solely by your suggestions :). hope that they are accepting new patients at Harvard Vanguard and it is also close to Kimball court. I'll try to finalize one this week.

Thank you again Aparna. Your advice was definitely helpful.

Regards,
    -Sri

4. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hey Sri,
    Not sure if you still use IL.. anyways just pinged to tell you that I too stay in Kimball court, woburn.
    Lets hope to meet soon...