OB/GYN in bay area

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by riva, Jun 19, 2010.

1. riva

riva New IL'ite

Looking for OB doctors in the bay area

I'm due in november and I'll be moving to the bay area (sunnyvale/mountain view area, CA) by end of June. I need recommendations on OB who accept cigna insurance (no kaiser please). I briefly consulted with Dr. Kavitha Raj associated with Altos oaks medical group but I've not seen any reviews on her nor heard about her from any other sources. Does anyone have any feedback on her?
    And, if any of you are in the area and have recos for any OB, I'll greatly appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Looking for OB doctors in the bay area

I heartily recommend any of the docs at los altos womens medical group www.lowmg.com - mine was dr. karen kunzel, my friends have used dr. adie, we're all very satisfied with their care. call them and see if they accept cigna.

3. NewWoman

NewWoman Senior IL'ite

Re: Looking for OB doctors in the bay area

Dr.Kavitha Raj helped me deliver my first baby two years ago. She was very positive and was very helpful with all the doubts and anxieties that I had. She was there at the time of delivery and made sure that everything went well and I had a normal delivery. A couple of my other friends in the bay area also found her to be good. About the insurance part am not sure you will haveto check with the doctors office. Congratulations and best wishes.

4. BHARGHAVI

BHARGHAVI Senior IL'ite

hi friends
    today i had an home prg test and it was positive so i thought to confirm it with the doctor so pls can any body tell a good gyn/ob in and around bay area and i had AETNA insurance

5. BHARGHAVI

BHARGHAVI Senior IL'ite

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

7. SBHamand

SBHamand New IL'ite

I just had my third with Dr. Sarah Azad. We moved to the area in the middle of my pregnancy and I'm so happy I found her. She was just wonderful. She spends time with you at your visits and sometimes I was able to go in on Saturdays, which was great since I was new at my job and managed to take off less time. I would really recommend her. Also, one of the reasons I started with her, is she's one of the few OB's that has a working website, you can even book your appointments online: Sarah Azad, MD - Sarah Azad, MD | Obstetrics & Gynecology.