1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

O !!!!! Ma ! Bama and obama !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chokkanayaki, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

"On the personal level,let me make it very clear ! I am not shy of admitting that I love to trumpet.I am good at whatever I do and if I showcase my skills,please feel free to understand ,that, it is not showing off. Hahahahahahaha.."

A close friend remarked rather casually and I was impressed ."It is just that it gives me the much needed confidence to boost up my image further.......does a world of good to my ego and helps me to stay positive,"she added.Let me introduce you to this dear friend Bama and she is always right.

That was an excerpt of a friendly chat over lunch last weekend.We exchanged pleasantries and recipes too."The chat began with simple cooking tips and went on to cover topics on politics,films, quality family time,school,college,holidays,vacations,kiddy tantrums,hubby howlers,wifey nags,mood swings and name it......anything and everything under the sun.

I was free and so was she...I asked her "O! Can you please give me some ideas for hosting a perfect dinner for a perfect couple ? "I hate to be nosy," she said "but I am dying to know about your special guest," she quipped..."O ! That's for Mr & Mrs if........and before I could complete my sentence her phone started ringing.

She attended the call.The giggly voice turned a little hoarse and looking at me she said...."O ! I am so sorry dear.I have some urgent work at home and I have to leave.
    "O !That is ok ! Bama I said...We shall continue this cheerful chat sometime later."

A bubbly chat with a dear friend had made my day.I was feeling good and yet my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of a menu and a perfect dinner."O ! I shall plan a candle light dinner."As it is ,the days are powerless and I also have a ready stock of candles to illuminate my home in the evenings,"I muttered to myself.

How about this lip smacking menu dear friends....a tasty spread,I can't wait to devour.I am impatient too."Its gonna be spring rolls,pakoras,cutlets,kababs,kuzhi paniyarams,paneer tikkas....for the starters,ButterNan,stuffed parathas,masala kulchas with an assortment of gravies,aapams with vada curry,veg stewand kurma,varieties of rice flavoured and spiced,salads,fruits......and of course Rasogollas,rasmalai,rabri,gulab jamuns ,gajar ka halwa for the dessert.

"O ! the culinary prowess, that I claim to possess is just an indicator of my eating skills.I have an appetite for good food and the intention to cook well but when it comes to hosting a luncheon or a special dinner I could do with a lot of help.

Jokes apart...let us not deviate away from the intention of this post.Ma always says "Take care to cook rice and vegetables just right.Let the flavour of the spices be subtle,so that you can relish the taste of the dish as a whole and also the ingredients that go into into it."..Thinking of her wise words, I went about my chores that day ,planning the menu for dinner on 07/11/12.It was an urge ,a burning passion within to create a dining ambience perfect,a desire to fuel the embers in a glowing kitchen.

Monday arrived and I was lost in the concrete jungle once again.Dreams were left behind as I was stuck in week reality.The menu went behind too..."O ! That's for Wednesday and there's still plenty of time...Other priorities now." I said to myself and went about my real duties.

Today morning ,I was slipping back to my weekend thoughts and as I wandered in Fantasy land,my little girl came running up to me.."O ! Ma !...so many missed calls..Please attend your calls," saying this she handed over the mobile to me .I was surprised too.

I called back.It was my good friend Bama...."Bama I am so Sorry !I was busy in the kitchen.,"..I said...Politely she replied.."O ! I was eager to know about your guest.Our chat was cut short and curiosity is killing me," she said...

I burst into laughter...hahahahaha...Bama....That's fiction.I was absolutely sure that Obama would make it once more...So My query was "If I were to host Mr & Mrs Obama over lunch or dinner,how should I plan the day,menu,gift etc etc......I thought I could do with a few tips from you...You never know when we may be required to manage an event...could be mind boggling ofcourse..Nevertheless food for the brain .What do you say ?"

She burst into peals of laughter and replied Yes !He has made it again....Let's open the Badam milk bottles in toast of a great win....and please be ready to host Mr & Mrs Bama for dinner......I grinned sheepishly & replied..."O ! dear friend You are most welcome to feast on yummy Methi parathas and tangy tomato chutney...That is the dinner menu in the Iyer's Kitchen on 07/11/12..........:rotfl

2. queenie3

queenie3 Silver IL'ite

Oh God... I am not to control my laugh ... and I can actually Mrs Iyer saying all the quotes.... cheers from my side too.....

3. queenie3

queenie3 Silver IL'ite

Oh God... I am not able to control my laugh ... and I can actually Mrs Iyer saying all the quotes.... cheers from my side too.....

4. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

Dear friend,
    hahahahaha....its nice to wander in the yonder and graze to raise a toast in celebration of a fantasy.It is perfectly humane to dream with eyes wide open and then share it too.I am amazed at the power of the human brain in a wakeful state of a lovely dream....Try just a little and tap the potential of the grey matter....and then see the magic .You can see the smiles and hear the peals too :rotfl