1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

O gained only 300 gm last 15 days:(

Discussion in 'Infants' started by enlightened, Apr 3, 2010.

1. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,
    Had an apptmt with paed yesterday.While LO was gaining upto 900 gm per month so far, I was disheartened to see that last 15 days he has gained only 300 gm:(BTW, he is rolling over a lot...is this drop in weight gain due to enhanced physical activity?I give him ragi porridge in the morning and he has about 28 oz of FM and 1 oz of juice everyday...pead says no issues with weight.LO is four months old.Please let me know the possible reasons for this...

Deepa.

2. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Deepa,

I guess that is normal. I remember reading somewhere that between 4-6 months, kids gain about 1.5-2 pounds of weight. Then there is a growth spurt at 6 months. My LO is also 4 months and she has gained somewhat the same weight as you have mentioned. It is normal as long as your LO doubles his birth weight by 5-6 months and triples his birth weight in a year.

Somebody more experienced in this might add onto this or correct me, if i am wrong :)

-Gomathy-

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gomathy.. u r right :).not to worry.
    about growth spurt at 6 months,ladies i dont wish to scare u, but its HUGE...at times these days my bbs want to say "no more no more"

4. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Thanks poonam and akshu...some relief for me!