Nursery/Preschool/Playschool/Kindergarten Queries!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by peekyboo, Mar 13, 2008.

Which school does your child go to?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2009.
  1. Indian School

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Local School

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Re: Pre School in West

Hi Uthra,

Thanks for the info. A few blocks away from my block I saw a CC. I think it is the same as you mentioned here. I will call up and gather details.

Poornima.<!-- SKYPE_UNIQUE_CODE ENDS -->

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Jinda,

Thanks for the reply. I have a center in the same block, but when I asked a few moms they didnt give me a good impression about the school. But I some how felt that it will be better to go to a center which is closeby, rather than rushing to school everyday. I guess I will have to walk in and have a look myself.

Can you give us more details as to how you got your child admitted to St Francis. Because a friend of mine who went there couldnt get her son enrolled as they said they are full already. How many months in advance do you go there for admission? And, where is the school? I am talking about the one in Hillview. Are they two different schools?

Hort Park is near the SP Jain College in Hyderabad Road. We took a taxi from Jurong East MRT. But I think, from where you live there must be easier ways to get there. You can also find details online. There is also Jacob Ballas children's garden closeby..dont really remember the location. But you have details of both online.

Poornima.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Peekyboo,

Thanks a lot for helping me know what is important when going to check out on the schools. I am new to this place and it takes sometime before I understand what they talk :spinWhich is why I hesitate to go up in person. I walked into a couple of schools in my neighbourhood with my husband and we didnt like the ambience as they were too small for too many children. But walking into the school is the only way to decide on a good one I am think.

Poornima.

4. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Raffles Girls School

Hello friends,

I have finally enrolled my child in a play school nearby after a lot of thought though. I just came across Raffles PreSchool when I was in search of playschools for my daughter. I wonder if the child who studies in their playschool can have a walk through into Raffles Girls School when she goes to KG and primary level?

Thanks
    Poornima.

5. anu_vishnu

anu_vishnu New IL'ite

hi,
    Actually this was something i was thinking also. i am also having a baby the same age around 2 years and i am also very anxious to know of some place where i can put her so that she too will learn to interact with kids her age and enjoy herself,: wht do you think we should do... i am residing in queenstown......

Thanks
    anu

6. lovesew

lovesew New IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

Sorry for the late reply. Was having my exams. Also thanks for the details of hort park.
    My daughter is going to St. Francis at Jurong West St 42. It is better to register around March/April. Sorry I dont know about the branch at Hill view.

Rgds,
    Jinda

7. rathnamadhu

rathnamadhu New IL'ite

kindergarden school in chai chee street,bedok

hi,

i m new to this website.i am also new to singapore,i have a daughter who is 3 yrs old,i want to know a good kindergarden school ,in my area if anybody is there in my locality,pls guide me regrding shooping etc,u can pvt msg me also.pls do the needful.

8. rathnamadhu

rathnamadhu New IL'ite

Re: kindergarden school in chai chee street,bedok

hi chamu,

thanks a lot for ur information.i am searching for a good friend,if u want to be my friend u can private msg me.

bye
    rathna

9. Neeru21

Neeru21 New IL'ite

Please suggest a good preschool in Tampines/Pasir ris area

Hey friends please suggest any good preschool in Tampines/Pasir ris area my daughter is 21 month year old.

Best regards
    Neeru

10. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

Re: Please suggest a good preschool in Tampines/Pasir ris area

hello neeru

i m from passiris, my daughter is 2 +, she goes to a playgroup which is near to my house because its convinient for me. but i dont have any idea about the preschool that is best in tempines/passiris area. i heard about PAP n Appletree. may be from next year i will put her to any indian kindergarten.

monika