Nt Scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, May 16, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Am 12weeks 4days pregnant..and yesterday went for NT scan..doc said baby not in position so asked me to wait.. again 1hr they try to scan said the same and happened the Same thing again..did any one faced this during there scan..and how to bring the baby to position..fina finally doc said to come bk again on frFrid..plz suggest how to get position if not again tomorrow..

Needtobestrong likes this.

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey OP, my sister faced this issue. When she used to go for scan, the baby would not provide a proper angle. Luckily for her, she knew that the baby loved it when she ate chocolates.

So she used to eat chocolates and go for a vigorous walk within the hospital premises. post this short exercise, the baby would be in a better position!!

Thyagarajan and Janakinarne like this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ha ha...that's grt...wv ev u tried ice cream and cold water but my stubborn baby not tempted to those tricks... fingers crossed at least tomorrow he wil be in good mood and cooperate with me...for orange juice baby moved for half and later he went back to reverse position... thanks for sharing

Thyagarajan and beautifullife30 like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

haha...rest assured that the tiny one will be one naughty cutie!!

Thyagarajan and Janakinarne like this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Hehe..eat something and drink water..come back after 20 mins..maybe position will change..!

Janakinarne likes this.
  6. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Drink cold water or any sugar filled food(but if you are in diet skip this) .....try some fruits

Janakinarne likes this.
  7. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ya finally after 5 attempts baby came to position..that to after so many treat's...all the people there laughing by knowing this...finally camecwith name tag active baby but not cooperating with doc to do scan...ha ha but happy finally successed..thanks for sharing

8. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Not worked with my baby...baby is not tempted with all those ... finally when my husband enters into scan room he just turn to position...such a naughty baby.. thanks for ur rlpy

Mehana likes this.
  9. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

@Janakinarne

when you say NT scan- are you referring to the nuchal translucency ultrasound? what position is ideal? i have this next week and am curious! Thanks. also wondering if i should have sugar before i go in!

10. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

S of course am taking about it only...the baby should be in the position when u lie in the bed ..fo for some people it will be done at first attempt itself ..for some it takes more attempts.. for me my baby took two days time and done more than 8 scans to take measurements...my baby is very naughty and never tempted to sweets ice cream or cold water...d do scan if baby not in position then try all those and walk for some time..but be prepared to wait pack ur lunch and snkssn...all the best

soulful likes this.