NRI kids :Problems/solutions they face reg 2nd language

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by geetha123, Dec 11, 2007.

1. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

thanks for the reply shanthi. i am a tamilian and dont know hindi so i wanted my kids to know hindi but when it comes to teaching them for schoolwork i can teach them till 3 rd grade hindi but not the advanced one. that is why i was worried but i really want them to know hindi. before i go back to India i want him to know the basic for their second language. thanks anyway

2. KAVITHARAJI

KAVITHARAJI New IL'ite

Dear all.

My daughter is studying in the 10 Standard in the Gulf. She is average in studies. Since does not know tail , Can i know any best school in chennai which English langauge and CBSE syllabus alone or any other better curicullam

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you can get into cbse schools, and have second language is an optional subject.

4. KAVITHARAJI

KAVITHARAJI New IL'ite

My daughter studied in The gulf in the CBSE board , she does not know tamil.
    Is there any school in Chennai with CBSE for eleventh standard in Chennai with no tamil language.

She is average in her studies.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

getting seat in 11th is very very difficult if average student. the competition is very here.

6. KAVITHARAJI

KAVITHARAJI New IL'ite

Ok shannvy,
    Competition for eleventh standard admission CBSE , Does matriculation also require tamil language as a must ?

Can I know some good Boarding schools in Chennai or normal schools for cbse syllabus or Matriculation school with out tamil language?

No need tell Very high end schools like padma seshadiri as she can not survive the competition

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kavitha,

matriculation you need to do second language. french/sanskrit/hindi or tamil. even the not so popular school in chennai has tough competition. the children are really stressed out. they have special classes/coaching classes. it feels as if the children are put through a roller machine.

and padma seshadri, and few other schools look only at children with 10 gpa.

8. KAVITHARAJI

KAVITHARAJI New IL'ite

Thanks shanvy if you can send some good schools matriculation and CBSE with Boarding facility in chennai

9. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I should first appreciate the OP for opening a very useful thread.....
    I am putting my daughter in an indian international school.
    We need to select a 2nd lang for her, where they offer tamil / hindi / french.
    since, i myself know french, my dh wants my dd to take up french as her 2nd lang.
    (french is much more easier to score than the other 2)
    But, i feel that she needs to know at least 1 indian lang,for which i feel hindi
    is better.
    ( though dh & me studied only tamil at school level & know very little of hindi).
    Also, we may move to chennai in next 6-7 years , when she completes 5th.
    So, what does we need to opt for her hindi / french ?
    Please pour in your thoughts for this confusion of mine !!!!! :)

Thanks a lot,

10. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    can anyone please help me on my above issue? I'm really confused as to which 2nd language to select for my child.

thanks,