Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 3, 2019.
copy of news item in business section in the hindu chennai edition dated 3 June 2019
Hello sir ,
i think this is the first time i am interacting with you however i have read and reread your thoughts on a lot of subjects you post regularly since last few months and i am a fan of it . I am amazed at your interesting life snippets that you put out every once in a while. Please excuse my very late arrival to the party.
From the article above , I think i would fall into the return category . When I dont know. So in my case i am looking for options to have handy money available whenever needed but also have this small lingering thought of owning a place for myself. But i am also a little scared of committing to a long term mortgage plan. One thing that i have made clear to my H is that if we did end up going back at whatever time , my child should be able to come back for her college studies . So i want to plan things in such a way that i can achieve security for my old age and provide some support for her.
Infact i remember somewhere you mentioned with reference to a book about building up your assets in terms of stocks /bonds etc to let money grow before buying a home or something to that effect which made sense to me.
Thank you once again .
Thanks for your appreciation about snippets of mine that you had read and remembering about the other book on savings.
2. The real estate is not booming in India and big bulls in real estate suffer a lot unable to repay interest on huge loans they had borrowed from banks like ICICI & PNB AND RECENTLY YES BANK.
3. Shares of these banks plummeted to record low and so too huge realtors like INDIA BULLS.
4. Commercial and residential spaces running to several lac square metres lying unsold for over several months indicates economy at its lowest ebb. All are concentrating only on IT industry and there is no appreciable or substantial growth in other industries.
5. Instead of buying a flat in gated communities, NRIs are considering the next best option to secure a place in senior citizen friendly homes in Coimbatore. Chennai is not attractive due to water shortage monsoon depended plus hot summer.
5. Previous ten years of average Bombay (Mumbai) price of gold was compared with that of silver and the analyst of economic times established that returns superior on investment in silver.
Once again thank you for your response in this thread .