Now, Iam GREAT GRANDMOTHER

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by latamurali, Jul 21, 2010.

1. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai friends

Dont confuse yourself too much

Hope you all know i have LOVEBIRDS , a year back one of the pair had 5 cute kutties, at that time i felt like i become GRANDMOTHER ( since we treat them like our own kids not like birds and we are their parents) then, nan paati dhanay and now iam extremely happy that last year kutty has grown up and now he got baby bird , so eppa nan KOLLU PAATI / GREAT GRANDMOTHER dhanay, hope iam right , so iam extreeeeeemly happy seeing that cute kutty and how their parents taking care of them and feeding them , its a lovely scene , NATURES BEAUTY

and, my son found one small very small lemon size bird crying for help, its not able to fly, dont know whehter he is sick or very small to fly, so we brought him to our flat, i feed him with food and water and given him pakka shelter , but still he is crying, so seeing him IAM VERY UPSET, cant identify what bird it is and what to do, FRIENDS IF YOU HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, pls share it with me and guide me what to do

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Latha Dear,

Congrats on your promotion to Greatgrandmother status :biggrin2:.

So you carried those lovebirds with you to Pune..Good. I had this doubt because I know sometimes its difficult to move pets like this when we relocate and their adjustment to the new surrounding is also there.

But I am sure, with wonderful sweet souls like you to take care, they can survive anywhere. It was nice to read your words about the care of the birds towards the little one.
    So sweet of your son too, to bring home that desperate little one and you taking care. Hope it gets well soon.

Bye

3. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Wow very sweet of you.

Hope the little one gets better.

I am not very fond of keeping pets in my flat but I do have two crows visiting my kitchen window sill the minute I switch on the lights in the morning. I started feeding them and found out that their love for malai when they started eating it from the milk vessel which I had left for washing. I now give them bread with malai spread on top. it is a sight to see them eating the malai first and then the bread. One of them is even bold enough to eat straight from my hand. They have now got two more friends coming.They dont let me do my work if I dont feed them.Got attached to them now and feel miserable if they dont pay me a visit in the mornings. They seem to understand each word I say and patiently hear me out till I feed them

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear ban u and Saras

Thank you so much for your reply and wishes

I too used to spread some cereals or food in my balcony for other birds and its gives me immense pleasure to see them eating

We spend around 6000rs for Relocating / transporting birds to pune, we built seprate cage for travel purpose and how can we transport them by Lorry or something, it will take more time, and how will they eat , so , we brought them in FLIGHT with us , per kg they charged around some 450rs - cage weight and have to get CERTIFICATION FROM AVIAN THAT IT IS FIT FOR TRAVELLING AND FREE FROM ALL INFECTION , so we paid 1000 for that

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Happy to see you become a great grandma..at this early age..:) Congrats Lata!

I still remember the day you were very upset when one of them passed away.
    Glad to note that your bird family is growing! :thumbsup

It is very nice of you to share the information about you took your Love Birds with you, which would be helpful to future bird lovers na!

sriniketan

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

HAPPY for your G.Granny post.So by this time have got loads of experiences.
    Why not get the help from the Blue-cross people.Atleast they will help out to find the species of the bird?????
    And if possible why not a snap here.Our friends might come with handy-tips.
    Thanks.

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends and Yashikushi

Iam extremely sad to share here that UNKNOWN KUTTY died after two days, however we try to feed him and keep him safe (, he cant survive without his mother ( parents) ) and i heard from my neighbour that it is ( must be) CHITTU KURUVI KUNJU and once it fell down from its nest THEY WONT TAKE IT BACK ( there is a old saying - and in my society also all elders told that)

WE saw one chitukuruvi nest near out lift and we went and kept this bird down, it was giving some voice and in top oly its NEST and one big bird was also there, we thought it will come and take this, but it didnt ( we offered out sincere and hearty prayers sitting near the bird that it elders shld come and pick - i swear ) but we failed, so i dont want to leave it alone there, since somebody will stamp it or someother animals / birds will kill it, so i took it

But, IAM SORRY

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends

Another pair also got one kutty , i forgot to tell, but it is very very very tiny and grlwoing very slowly wen compared to other newborn, dont know what is lacking, praying to grow fast and healthy

And, in another part, i told u one kuty has born, now 3 more kutties have born and growing fastttttttt, wow!! iam enjoying every minute with them, feeding them healthy snacks, ( pillai petha ponnachay, chumma ordinary diet kuduka mudiyuma)

9. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OH.
    Too sad latha.
    Sometimes I feel why this YOUNG ONES are ALLOWED to get through this tribulations,,,,instead they could have not born.....
    One more KUTTY.??!!!!!!!
    And HAPPY for becoming great great great granny.
    பச்சை ஒடம்புக்காரிய பத்திரமா பாத்துகோங்க.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Lata,
    Very sad to hear the loss of the unknown chittukuruvi kutti..after I read the post, I came to know that these beliefs are in the bird kingdom too...:-(

Thank you for sharing one more happy news...You are looking after the new-mother very well..you need to ..because you are a great grandma aache...:)

sriniketan